The Application Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps drive Siemens EDA analog/mixed-signal circuit simulation technologies into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in
circuit simulation and applications knowledge (e.g., transceivers, RFIC, high-speed I/O, and signal conditioning),
as well as solid communication skills, and strong team building skills.
The Application Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at
customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level
management, as well. The Application Engineer must align with Account Managers to meet or exceed quota, as
they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing
solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales,
marketing, and R&D organizations.
Sales and support responsibilities include assessing customer technical requirements, conducting product
demonstrations, running evaluations, and driving product adoption.
The position is based in Raleigh (or other east coast location). The successful candidate must be able to travel to
cover multiple accounts. As an Application Engineer for AMS, you work with account teams to drive adoption of
Siemens EDA AMS software. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
• Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company
products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of
• Illustrate the value Siemens EDA brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Siemens
EDA Analog Mixed Signal family of software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical
presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
• Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Siemens EDA Analog Mixed Signal
• Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business
• Drive business for Siemens EDA, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part
of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
• Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Siemens EDA products and
differentiate from the competition.
• Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with
peers and management on progress and account status.
• Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
• Establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations
for product reliability.
• Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field
back to these groups.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of the following education and experience:
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. MS degree is preferred
• 2-5+ years analog or mixed-signal design engineering experience
• Broad understanding of Analog Design methodologies and flows including the different types of analysis
solutions for analog design including Spice, Fast-Spice, Mixed Signal – Mixed-Mode analyses and flows
• Ability to map simulator capabilities to application-specific requirements
• Track record of good customer relationships
• Experience with IC schematic tools, such as Cadence® Virtuoso®
• Experience with analog simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Mentor Graphics® Eldo & AFS and mixed signal circuit simulation tools, such as Mentor Graphics® Questa ADMS™, Cadence® AMS Designer®
• Working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting
• Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
• Travel is required (post pandemic)
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect
candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're inspired by the uniqueness that people like you
bring to the table and we can't wait to read your application!
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.