We spend up to 90 percent of our lives in buildings. We believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. In a world where our fundamental health, safety and wellbeing expectations have been deeply impacted with the anxiety of a new virus, buildings should offer a heaven. Ideally, a perfect place to learn. A flawless place to grow. A perfect place to prosper.
While it’s true that today’s buildings should be efficient, reliable and safe – these characteristics alone don’t enable businesses and empower people the way a true smart building can.
We are looking for a Frontend Application / User Interface Software Architect to strengthen the global frontend excellence core team of our global Siemens Mobile and Web Platform (SiMPL). SiMPL is based on an open-source technology stack (Angular, Bootstrap, Ionic, etc.) and is used by hundreds of developers around the world. The SiMPL platform powers our UX Design System that streamlines the UIs in all our products.
Your technical talent paired with a sense for great user interface design will enable our products and solutions to set new standards. You drive scaling up the platform and establish a strong standing across the R&D sites around the globe. As a platform ambassador, you will build up the development community, organize events, and conduct regular workshops to train developers on topics around web development.
As a UI Software Architect, you will be part of the development team and responsible for technical deliverables with quality. You participate on web and mobile application development in a hyper agile development environment within a globally distributed, self-organizing team adhering to the committed quality, content, and timeline.
This position is based in Chennai, Pune and Bangalore location.
What are my Job Responsibilities?
- You should take Participation in requirement discussions, analyze, and understand the end users’ needs.
- You need to Develop the architectural and technological evolution of the project and be part of core team decisions using principles of meritocracy.
- You need to Bring-in new trends from upcoming web technologies.
- You should have Strong collaboration with UX/UI designers.
- You should Implement reusable components following the UX design system
- You have to Develop code using the merge request workflow.
- Peer review code contributions on merge requests
- Technical leadership of the development team.
- You should be responsible for Close collaboration on a global scale with colleagues from Europe, US and China.
- Manage the team deliverables and ensure their quality
- Contribute to open-source projects
What Qualifies Me?
- Engineering degree with or IT or MCA with good academic record
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience in software development with at least 4+ years in Architect role.
- Extensive working experience with major web framework like Angular, React or Vue.js
- Sound knowledge in responsive design for all form factors, including mobile
- Love for high-quality software components that are used in hundredths of applications
- Fluent usage of Git and social coding platforms like GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Contributions to open-source projects in web and mobile technologies
- Excellent knowledge on software engineering and architecture concepts
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong communication and social skills when it comes to working in global teams or presenting ideas and concepts to other stakeholders
- Being in a leadership role and line management experience is an added advantage.
- You should have structured and independent way of working with high level of personal initiative.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is primarily based out for Chennai, Pune and Bangalore location . However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time