Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Area Vice President, Lab Diagnostics
Sales Leadership position with responsibility to drive the growth of sales and market share of Siemens Laboratory Diagnostics business, including Chemistry, Immunochemistry, Automation, IT and Laboratory Solutions. Field-based position with responsibility for driving commitment and accountability of direct sales team to achieve or exceed sales goals in the territory assigned. Span of control is approximately 3-4 Regional Vice Presidents who manage 8-10 Account Executives in each region.
This position reports directly to VP, Head of U.S. Sales, Laboratory Diagnostics. Key leadership role in development and implementation of solution based customer selling approach and balancing the needs of our customers with the financial goals of the company.
- Directly responsible and accountable to lead assigned sales regions to achieve or exceed sales goals across all product lines.
- Leads direct sales teams in understanding the customer’s needs and the delivery of Siemens Healthineers value-proposition to the customer.
- Owns implementation of key sales actions and processes, including funnel management, sales processes, coverage on critical accounts, compliance topics.
- Drives capital and reagent forecasting process within area of responsibility, accountable for quality and accuracy of forecasting by assigned team across all related product lines.
- Develops short-term (3 to 6 months) and long-term (2 to 3 yr) strategic sales plans and ensure their implementation.
- Accountable for the continuous development of assigned sales teams and for ensuring all direct sales are appropriately trained and competent in customer management, product and solution positioning, as well as all applicable sales processes and tools.
- Implements and manages developmental plans for employees’ sales performance and career goals, providing timely, direct and honest feedback on employees’ current strengths, as well as areas that need improvement. Develops candidates for additional responsibility/promotion.
- Leads collaborative efforts with Siemens teams within and from outside Siemens LD to ensure a positive customer solution/experience, including but not limited to Service, Technical Applications, Strategic Corporate Accounts, Specialty Sales, and Total Laboratory Solution teams.
- A minimum of 60% travel is required throughout assigned territory.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum BA/BS degree in medical health sciences (Medical Technology, biology, clinical Chemistry, etc.) or in business or marketing.
- Laboratory and/or diagnostics background.
- Successful leadership experience in people management required.
- Proven track record in a solution-selling environment, with 7 to 10 years’ experience in a complex sales environment (Capital equipment, Medical, Devices, etc.) and 5 to 7 years’ experience managing direct sales teams.
- Typically 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities as presented above.
- High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer).
- Experience with CRM tools and the ability to acclimate to a variety of IT tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Strong people management and people development capabilities with ability to manage and lead change in dynamic environment.
- Proven experience and demonstration of management skills and ability to provide work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Must possess a high level of critical thinking skills, advanced sales skills, problem solving skills as well as objection handling skills.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the medtech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://jobs.siemens-info.com/jobs
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.