The Business Partner and Accounting Policies Expert is a trusted advisor to the Siemens Financial Services (SFS) America’s accounting community with regards to the application and interpretation of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
You will ensure compliance with the IFRS-based Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (SFRG) within SFS Americas.
You will need to be an expert accountant with proven understanding of accounting principles – in particular with loans, factoring, leases and equity investments – and a strong business affinity.
You will facilitate the identification, documentation and resolution of a broad spectrum of sophisticated accounting decisions; implement changes due to new or amended accounting standards throughout the organization in a timely; and diligent manner and analyzes and suggests accounting treatment for new products.
You will report to the Head of the SFS Americas Company Accounting (SFS AC PF AM CA).
- Evaluate existing accounting practices to ensure compliance with the Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (based on IFRS accounting principles).
- Interact proactively with the business and stay on top of business developments and trends in the market. Being able to connect them with the financial results
- Review and interpret new products, variations of existing products and non-routine transactions and evaluate technical accounting and reporting treatment in line with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines
- Act as key accounting resource to evaluate changes to Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines, evaluate potential impact for SFS Americas and lead implementation.
- Interact routinely and proactively with Transactional Accounting and Portfolio Accounting to evaluate completeness and correctness of bookings.
- Assist in the preparation of the materials for general management reporting and, in particular, the SFS Inc Board Meeting and Americas Business Review Meeting
- Drive automation of information gathering from month-end close to presentation of information to the management and external auditor.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree focused in accounting; Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in either financial services or within Siemens focusing on accounting principles or in an advisory role for standard conversions; CPA preferred.
- Solid understanding of financial reporting standards with focus on lending, factoring and leasing business (US GAAP; IFRS preferred)
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills required to analyze complex accounting and reporting issues
- Be familiar with balance sheet and income statement reviews and be able to understand interdependencies between business and accounting and to reconcile this with business developments
- Be experienced in and open to a digitalization environment, be familiar with closing systems (e.g. SAP, Hyperion Financial Management) and demonstrate solid understanding of presentation/analytical programs (e.g. Powerpoint, Tableau, Think-cell)
- Be a proven change agent in driving projects, become comfortable with a fast pace environment and change
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.