Siemens Mobility inspires the world to move forward more intelligently and sustainably. We’re inspiring the world of work to be more progressive – leading by example in how we support our colleagues in innovating, learning and living.
At Siemens, we’ve introduced the #newnormal where we’re encouraged to work flexibly. It’s all yours to decide what you’re going to achieve, where and how – unlocking your full potential with our unconditional support. Because, as our colleagues will tell you, if there’s anything Siemens is as forward-thinking about as technology, it’s your wellbeing. It’s being agile, understanding you and giving you all you need to thrive.
Reporting to the Head of Communications UKI (and deputising for, where necessary) the Senior External Communications & Government Affairs Lead plays a key role in supporting communications for Siemens Mobility Limited.
The role is focused on building and maintaining positive perceptions of and sentiment towards the business amongst customers, media, influencers and stakeholders.
The role holder will maintain a strong network of media contacts and lead government affairs activity, as well as driving social and digital media content and delivery.
- Act as deputy to the Head of Communications where necessary
- Build and maintain an extensive network of journalist contacts in the UK digital, print and broadcast (trade, local and national) media to maximise reach of targeted, positive PR activity
- Create compelling and strategic media campaigns and content to support the company’s value promises and business objectives and highlight its portfolio and scope of activities
- Act as the principal contact and spokesperson for UK media enquiries, both on a reactive and proactive basis to support communications campaigns
- Engage with global and country counterparts to collaborate on media relations and communications activities
- Manage government affairs activity, including engagement programmes, to proactively identify emerging issues in the transport industry, develop communication strategies and messaging and support strategic business objectives
- Define and measure relevant KPIs for external communications and government affairs in the UK & Ireland including via social and digital channels
- Provide on-call crisis management support, screening, monitoring and actioning potential issues, and develop relevant messaging and timely activity to mitigate impact
- Manage external communications and government affairs agencies to develop and implement related strategy
- Create, help develop and manage a strong pipeline of social media content, liaising with global colleagues to maximise reach
- Create appropriate messaging, briefings and talking points to support senior executives for media engagement
- Develop and implement traditional and social media training courses for key personnel.
What do I need to qualify for this job
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with significant experience at a senior-level PR and Government Affairs experience
- A good understanding of communications challenges in a diverse matrix organisation
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Significant, extensive experience of developing strategic external communications and government affairs plans
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills
- Experience of managing discipline-related agencies (external communications / government affairs)
- Experience and understanding of social media outlets and campaigns
- Previous budget planning and financial management experience preferred.
This is a full-time role. The role will require travel across the UK with occasional overseas travel. We would expect you to attend customer, stakeholder, business and government meetings in London on a regular basis so the successful candidate will be living in a commutable distance from London.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of passionate individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time