Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as MR Software Application Developer (f/m/d) - MR-PET to become an expert for MR-PET imaging and research, being the “go-to” person for our scientific and academic partners.
The clinical field of MR imaging in oncology is highly dynamic and MR imaging is instrumental to detect, characterize and monitor diseases for the better of patients. Innovative methods to improve image quality, speed up scans, reduce susceptibility to artifacts and to curate image information with AI are literally suggested every day by researchers. In the MR application predevelopment we spearhead the development of new, clinically relevant techniques and are building the bridge from promising academic research pilots to product realization and implementation by creating prototypes and collecting “real-world” feedback.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will monitor scientific trends in the field of MR-PET imaging
- You will be responsible for development and release of prototypes of novel, clinically relevant techniques (MR pulse sequences, MR image reconstruction, and MR-PET applications)
- You will learn from the evaluation and feedback from customers to improve our solutions
- You will conduct original research resulting in patent applications
- You will contribute to collaborations with academic partners to drive MR research and translate this knowledge into MR products
- You will participate in knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop Siemens’ products and software solutions
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have finished your studies, ideally with a Ph.D. in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering / Biomedical Physics / Imaging Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- You have many years of experience in MR physics and expertise in pulse sequence design and MR image reconstruction
- You are familiar with PET imaging
- You have very good C++ programming skills
- You are familiar with programming in IDEA (pulse sequence development environment) and ICE (image reconstruction development environment)
- Furthermore, you are familiar with Python and Matlab
- You have a strong expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications
Your attributes and skills:
- You are business-fluent in English, enabling you to operate successfully in our international environment. German language skills would be a plus
- You have strong collaboration skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage in complex team environments
- You have outstanding writing and presentation skills
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 65,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Laura Roos.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time