Siemens Mobility does more than you know. You may associate us with trains or signalling systems. But, the advanced, AI powered transportation and mobility infrastructure we’re developing are actually a driving force for the future of smart cities – and an entirely digitalised world.
We blended traditional engineering with computer science long ago, and are leading the way in solutions that transform how people move. Green energy and decarbonisation is our goal, as is convenience and connecting with the individual – putting all the information relating to their journey in the palm of their hand.
Join us as a Fleet Head of Materials in Leeds.
In this rewarding opportunity you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the fleet and continuously review and plan requirements for purchasing materials. To be successful in this role, you will be a people manager and have background in a procurement / contractual management position.
As Fleet Head of Materials you will prepare negotiations of contracts for goods, services, suppliers, equipment related to materials, transportation and storage and monitor contractual obligations for compliance.
What part will you play
- Participate in the evaluation of vendor performance. Coordinate and control the materials planning function. Ensure that materials of the required standard are available at the production facility to meet the requirements of the maintenance operation.
- Be responsible for the depot warranty process in order to maximise the full potential of warranty guarantees.
- Provide materials and stores management and warranty processes for the designated fleets.
- Optimise materials required for responsible fleets.
- Plan and forecast material spend and deliver to budget, subject to fleet size.
- Managed compliance to departmental budget.
- Develop relationships and processes with internal and external suppliers to ensure the performance and supply of the materials meets with the requirements of the maintenance operation.
- Develop processes and management to ensure the respective fleet depots are compliant with materials and stores management processes.
- Manage the materials change control process in respect of engineering changes and/or modification for the respective fleet depots.
- Assist in the development and management of the spares supply system for Siemens Rolling Stock customers in the UK.
- Collaboration with internal/ external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Experience in a procurement/contractual management position
- Detailed knowledge of procurement processes, contract law and conditions
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Engineering background (Rail specific) preferred
- CIPS Professional diploma in Procurement and Supply
- Import, export and control experience
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time