The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Division produces light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. The Logistics Project Manager (LPM) is responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of logistics activities within Mobility projects to ensure delivery of material to Siemens’ production facility. The aim is to ensure a complete and economical supply of project material, just in time to customer projects by implementing an end-to-end logistics concept. The LPM implements logistics strategies for transport, potential consolidation warehousing, packaging, lot sizing, and on-time delivery, in close coordination with other interface functions (purchasing, project management, engineering, sales) in global logistics chains. In addition, the LPM supports the warehousing team with the operational, logistic process design, and packaging design, taking into account organizational, process-innovative and application-related aspects. The LPM is the key representative towards the forwarders and has full budget responsibility for the project logistics budget.
- Work with Logistics and Production to develop and execute project specific logistic concept and strategy (inbound logistics, packaging, outbound logistics)
- Inbound logistics include setting up a logistics chain throughout the US and Europe for over 100 different suppliers
- Ensure implementation of logistics concepts into supplier contracts
- Manage project specific logistics tender process including final award with forwarders
- Assume full budget responsibility for project logistic budget
- Regular participation in project meetings
- Analyze project specific logistics requirements based on customer contract / tender, consortium contracts and local/ international law and regulations
- Input and comments on planned time schedule
- party warehouse tender including negotiations in cooperation with regional units
- Review and verify project-based import/ export and customs requirements in collaboration with ECC functions & regional unit if necessary – Lead CPM
- Organize, manage, and execute logistics workshop´s with suppliers as necessary
- Define & align necessary import/ export documentation due to local law
- Identify contractual risks & opportunities, define action items and ensure communication to project lead and logistics team
- party warehousing, in alignment with project management
- Preparation of all project relevant outbound
shipments with relevant documents e.g.
- customs documentation, if necessary
- dangerous goods documents,
- invoices & delivery notes, packing list,
- and further project individual documents, if needed
- Transport supervising for over-dimensional Cargo (ODC) & Heavy Lift (HL) transports
- Manage overall project inventory levels to support company objectives for inventory turns.
- Hazardous goods processing and classification
- Freight Clearing
- Insurance & Claim Management in case of damage
- Align pick up and shipment details with all relevant interfaces
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related technical discipline, or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in global logistics and transportation management or project management in global logistics / freight forwarder environment in multiple modes of transportation (Ground, Air and Ocean).
- Demonstrated experience in the tendering, negotiation, award and management of large-scale global logistics contracts.
- In-depth knowledge of US transportation market (forwarders, freight carriers, packaging companies, DAT Freight & Analytics)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain or related discipline
- MBA degree is a plus
- Experience in logistics for manufacturing large engineer-to-order capital equipment is a plus
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.