The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Division produces light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. The Operations Project Manager will coordinate overall manufacturing activities between all manufacturing departments and support functions, to meet project quality, delivery, and cost targets. You will be the single point of contact and coordinator between Operations and the project team(s). You will be involved in engineer-to-order, capital equipment and manufacturing projects from order to shipment.
- Coordinate overall manufacturing activities for light rail vehicle and locomotive projects.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activities and issues affecting production, including interactions with all Production departments, Industrial Engineering, Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality Management, and Project Management.
- Facilitate overall production plans to ensure on time delivery, within planned budget.
- Drive cost reduction measures in operations departments.
- Ensure all project quality requirements are met.
- Monitor and report on project budget and schedule performance and initiate measures to mitigate any budget overruns or schedule slippage.
- Coordinate and drive resolution of issues impacting successful production activities.
- Report project status on a regular basis to Operations Management and Project Management team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related technical discipline, or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in project management, industrial engineering, or operations management in an engineer-to-order, capital equipment manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the manufacturing of large and complex industrial products.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Industrial engineering or related technical discipline
- MBA degree is a plus
- Experience in manufacturing large engineer-to-order capital equipment
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.