The Digital Grid Business Unit of Siemens is the one-stop supplier of sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain and makes it possible to adapt power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability enhancement. Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly available and efficient grid operation.
Digital Grid deliver market solutions that are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We are making the Digital Grid a reality by partnering with utilities and cities to implement their Digital Grid visions. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
We are seeking a full-time Bid Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of managing Siemens responses to complex tenders, RFPs, unsolicited proposals, and related business development documents. This role will manage the complete process, collection of data, the finance estimates to include the LOA process, contract administration and negotiations and other business development activities. This role will work in coordination with the sales team, project managers, and business leads.
Scope of the Position
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for managing the development and submission of individual proposals for our Energy Automation (EA) business in the US from start to finish.
- Manage proposals, technically and commercially in timely accurate manner.
- Responsible for creating cost / price estimates considering the financial targets of the business
- Evaluate the requirements of a proposal and develop a plan to deliver.
- Running qualification/kick-off calls with the project team.
- Collaborating with in-house subject matter experts to develop the technical solution.
- Communicating with a wide variety of internal stakeholders to drive deadlines and deliver on schedule.
- Working with partner network to develop bids as a unified team.
- Supporting the ongoing use and maintenance of our proposal software tool.
- Following proposal procedures to develop polished, professional response to our customers.
- Develop the financial workbook with input from stakeholders.
- Coordinate the approval process according to the PM@Siemens guidelines.
- Ensure that the projects are handed over to the project execution team with all relevant documents.
- Gain High Level Functional Understanding of Products offered.
Required Skills / Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years working experience, to include contract management in a similar role with full proposal management.
- Knowledge of the Utility Product and Services businesses preferred.
- Experience in bid management processes, including the financial aspects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Understanding of the Project Management process
- Electrical Utility, Software Vendor or IT industry experience
- Sales and/or business development experience
- Experience with international and cross border projects
* Typical schedule for this position is flexible – 2-3 days in office / 2-3 days remote
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.