• Advocate and drive the development of the Industrial I/O portfolio through the identification of a clear target market and go-to-market strategy, and the execution of campaign and initiatives to leverage and maximize Industrial I/O portfolio opportunities.
• Identify and track relevant industry trends and produce growth forecasts.
• Analyze competitor portfolio to establish differentiation for the Siemens portfolio across markets.
• Identify and track key opportunities in the US market, defining the in-focus industry segments, geographies, and target accounts.
• Act as a trusted advisor to Sales account managers and channel partners by directly engaging with customers, as part of the sales pursuit team, for key must-win accounts. Drive Factory Automation focused mindshare with the sales team, channel & partner eco-system, and vertical sales teams.
• Provide technical product presentations and consultation for the development and implementation of customer solutions or specification standards.
• Coordinate with Regional and Global Product Marketing to identify product requirements for the US customer base.
• Work within a team environment with other Siemens Factory Automation field and support resources (application engineers, marketing, etc.) to convert large opportunities in the market.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The candidate must have excellent relationship building and communication skills. They must have a deep understanding of factory automation systems (PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, IIOT, Industrial Computers, Fieldbus Networks, and Industrial Software), and a superb ability to present them in a small or large group settings. The person must be task-oriented with exceptional time management skills. The candidate must be a team player and have the ability to work in a highly matrixed organization. This person must be self-motivated and proactive in order to keep a focus on driving account plans to ultimately close orders and grow business. The skills, experience, and education required are:
- Must have had a minimum of 5 years sales / marketing experience and knowledge of PLC, HMI, IO, SCADA, IIOT and networking architectures
- Measurable track record of success in external sales / business development
- Ability to excel within a developmental top-down, solution-selling model
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills
- Three or more years of consultative sales experience, with proven sales results
- Organizational skills to manage schedule and travel
- Computer proficiency - knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Highly technology driven, knowledgeable and familiar with industrial automation market trends
- Apply knowledge of major markets in the US to develop target account list.
- Experience collaborating with distribution partners preferred
- Education: BS/BA Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.”
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The key attributes we are looking for in this position, but not required to be considered for this position are:
• Worked 5+ years in factory automation business development
• Have basic knowledge of the Siemens Automation products
• Have excellent knowledge of competitive Industrial I/O products
• Willing to travel 50-70% within the US
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.