Siemens is looking for a summer intern to support the continuous development of industrial cybersecurity services. In this position, you will work with a team of industrial cybersecurity consultants to enhance technical aspects of the opportunity scanning, technical lead qualification, and proposal development processes. Our goal is to reduce efforts to create winning proposals for customer requirements matching the capabilities of various Siemens cybersecurity service teams. This project is part of a larger cybersecurity research project focused on developing and improving methods and tools to support the delivery of cybersecurity services to industrial customers.
During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research and be part of a world class team. An internship with Siemens Technology is a great opportunity for students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment. Specifically, this internship provides an opportunity to learn about scoping of advanced industrial cybersecurity services, seek and evaluate approaches to reduce cost for various aspects of opportunity scouting and proposal development. Siemens provides a wide variety of cybersecurity services for industrial customers from industries such as smart manufacturing, energy, building automation, transportation, and healthcare, which form parts of nations’ critical infrastructure. You will get exposed to state-of-the-art software development and deployment frameworks in order to develop robust and scalable deployment scenarios.
This internship is preferred to be on site in our lab in Princeton, NJ. However, due to the ongoing uncertainty from the global pandemic, we are open to offer this as a remote internship as well.
- Understand and review existing tools and methods to conduct a variety of regulatory compliance gap assessments and industrial risk assessments, and devise and realize improvements and enhancements to these tools and methods to reduce efforts to conduct such assessments.
- Support the standardization and customization of cybersecurity service offers, supporting several Siemens businesses.
- Support Siemens business units in their cybersecurity services pre-sales / sales activities, via supporting technical lead qualification, writing technical parts of proposals, and compiling information and content required to complete proposals.
- Help build a central knowledge base for cybersecurity service building blocks used to generate customized cybersecurity service proposals.
- Document and present results to the team.
Qualified candidates will have/be:
- A current student pursuing a MSc degree in Cybersecurity or pursuing a related MSc degree or MBA degree with a strong focus on cybersecurity, or with other relevant prior experience in industrial / plant automation cybersecurity. Please note, you must still be enrolled as a student during the internship period to qualify for the position.
- Previous experience in industrial cybersecurity required, as is the ability to understand, find, verify, and explain security vulnerabilities.
- Previous experience in process and plant automation is a significant plus, as is prior experience with Siemens automation products.
- High work ethics and sense of ownership for the delivered results
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken & written) required
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
A successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.