Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Siemens Ruggedcom IT Support is looking for a highly motivated Network Administrator with a wide variety of IT knowledge. In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements from our users and provide viable solutions while adhering to Siemens Cybersecurity standards. A balance of technical, organizational and communication skills are a key requirement to be successful in this role.
What will you do?
- Support site network
- Implement various IT projects while also supporting site related projects
- Direct support of daily incoming tickets where required
- Coordinate maintenance of existing equipment and license renewals
- Plan and design necessary updates to existing network architecture
- Evaluate and select appropriate hardware requirements, taking into consideration budgetary constraints
- Oversee assigned maintenance (e.g. conduct monthly maintenance)
- Provide guidance and cross-training with team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Architect, design, implement, monitor and support corporate IT infrastructure, including, but not limit to, WAN, LAN, VPN, internet connectivity, intranet, cybersecurity, wired/wireless connectivity, servers, storage, and virtualization technology
- Proactively monitor the health of network, storage, and servers to ensure the maximum uptime and optimal performance for LAN / Wireless LAN / WAN / VPN / Servers / Storage
- Identify the potential cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities, research, suggest and implement the most cost-effective protection measures
- Sets up and manages servers, firewall boxes, routers, switches, wireless LAN controller and access points. Ensure maximum uptime for LAN/Wireless LAN/WAN (VPN)
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and testing of disaster recovery plans, hardware maintenance and lifecycle planning for the software, hardware and networking assets
- Assists with user requests when required to ensure an appropriate level of internal customer service is achieved
- Reasonable availability during off-hours for new system implementation/upgrade, server and network maintenance
- When needed, provide assistance to the Help Desk support team
- Performs other duties as assigned
What will you need to succeed?
- College or University Degree with an IT background
- A minimum of 4 to 7 years of relevant experience required with advanced level of expertise in computer systems, networking and cybersecurity required
- Extensive experience troubleshooting network, server, storage, backups, firewall, router, switch configuration and virtualization platform is required
- VMWare configuration, administration, and optimization required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, ensuring deadlines are met on time and on budget
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others of all levels within the organization Demonstrated experience and ability working with complex information as related to analysis, problem solving, and reasoning to provide substantial opportunity for planning and intellectual challenge
- Must be adaptive to technical change and be able and willing to acquire new skills to support new business application
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, along with strong oral and written skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited - RuggedCom
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.