Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens is primed for future growth, redefining Smart Buildings and bringing game changing IoT into buildings. We’re looking for the brightest minds out there to help drive that transformation. Our IoT platform for smart buildings with groundbreaking sensor technology and software cloud applications, collect data in real-time and we are building exciting use cases for our clients as part of our newly formed Digital Enterprise Business sales team.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an experienced Business Development professional to lead business development and sales activities for the Southwest market. As an IoT Business Development Manager at Siemens, you will ensure a healthy sales pipeline, build relationships, negotiate contracts, and bring the account across the finish line in the zone.
If you are in search of high-growth tech exposure and would enjoy working as the face of a brand through establishing and developing partner relations — this role is for you!
- Execute the business’ go-to-market strategy at a zone level
- Collaborate with Siemens branch account executives on identifying and targeting customers that can best benefit from our cloud-based offerings such as Enlighted and Comfy, including workplace safety, employee experience, space utilization and many others
- Work closely with the customer and support team members to align offerings, further develop use cases, and negotiate revenue generating contracts with the goal of establishing Siemens as a trusted partner in innovation
- Develop a healthy sales pipeline by identifying, filtering, negotiating, and launching new relationships in the target geography and vertical markets
- Provide accurate and current view of account penetration, sales performance and customer satisfaction including health of the funnel/pipeline
- Identify, reach, and engage key decision makers and influencers in your zone through existing relationships, networking, personal connections, client references, and industry events
- Educate on and promote the IoT solutions and services within the commercial construction market that includes, Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, Developers, Property Managers and Building Owners
- Support local sales management with strategic planning and forecasting
- Leverage internal organization vertical market expertise and help local sales create, present and deliver use cases for customers in your zone
- Research, develop and maintain competitive information resources.
- Keep abreast of and disseminate new product and industry knowledge to internal team members.
- Display a strong team-player attitude by collaborating effectively with a matrix-structured, internal network of stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- A minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in selling complex products and services (ideally SaaS, enterprise software, real estate technology or building controls technology), understanding the needs and language of the customer.
- You have high level customer relationships with senior executives and technical buyers at Fortune 500 companies including a diverse ecosystem of key partners such as IT and Line-of-Business executives.
- You have a defined track record of establishing successful partnerships in innovation.
- Successful track record achieving or exceeding annual quota SaaS and/or enterprise software solutions attainment and subscription metrics.
- You can develop and critically analyze a sales pipeline, forecast, and report on relevant metrics using Salesforce and related tools.
- You are a strong team player and collaborator, with robust interpersonal skills that consistently foster positive working relationships within the sales team and beyond.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 40% of the time, domestically as required
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Competitive salary + commission based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.