Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking a Senior Java/J2EE Engineer for our Airports operation at our DFW Airport location. The candidate will work for the Airport Logistics (AL) business unit inside Siemens Logistics to support the design, install, test and commissioning of baggage handling systems (BHS) or parcel sortation systems for domestic airports.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Java/J2EE Engineer. The ideal candidate will have excellent academic background and be able to apply the knowledge learned in engineering schools to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidates will work with experienced engineers as a part of a project team and learn the intricacies of Automated Baggage and Material Handling Systems.
Working in a Matrix organization and reporting to the Engineering Manager and under the direction of the Project Manager, develops software solutions to meet customer requirements through team and individual efforts. Participates in the analysis and composition of requirements, design of architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, design and execution of test plan, and documentation of final product. Should be able to utilize the JAVA/J2EE, Oracle database technologies to develop the applications. Duties may include reviewing the requirements, support existing projects and documentation, setup project servers and following test procedures.
• Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering or a related discipline
• Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and developing Java SE, Java EE applications
• Work permit sponsorship is not provided.
• Travel approximately 30% of the time When required, work odd shifts
• Candidate must negotiate stairs and catwalks on jobsite and occasionally able to lift 40 lbs.
• Experience with programming desktop, web or mobile friendly applications
• Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
• Hands-on experience with programming applications using JAVA SE and JAVA EE
• Installing and configuring the WebLogic server and Oracle database by following instructions
• Deployment of EJB containers into WebLogic server
• Administration of Oracle SQL database (creating table spaces etc.,)
• Retrieving health status of WebLogic server (Checking message queue lengths etc.)
• Hands-on experience with a relational database query language such as Oracle PL/SQL
• Write test plans and demonstrate the system
• Strong written and oral English communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, dependable
• Knowledge of installing virtual machines, windows operating system is plus
• General understanding of TCP/IP knowhow is plus
• Knowledge of debugging skills, code optimization and performance tuning
Qualified applicant must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsorship now or at any time during employment.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.