Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As an Automation Team Supervisor with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and switchgear, you will lead a team responsible for the design, development, modification, and debugging of our Programmable Logic Controls and HMI / OIP systems used to control and monitor switchgear and simulator systems.
Your leadership and technical expertise will be employed making the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will part of a team providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Lead, mentor, and train local software engineers.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective versus provided hardware.
- Provide estimated completion schedules for all programming projects and complete them in a timely manner, managing work progress and scheduling deadlines for the local software engineers.
- Develop custom PLC programs using both function block and ladder logic style programming using a standards-based approach.
- Develop custom SCADA programs using a standards-based approach.
- Provide troubleshooting support for our Hingham MA and Broken Arrow OK factory facilities as well as Field Service Engineers.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the PLC programming standards.
- Author new and modify existing procedures to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Applicable degree in Automation and Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar preferred (High school diploma or state-recognized GED is the minimum education requirement)
- Proven experience in leadership role (preferably in a make-to-order or engineer-to-order environment)
- Ability to travel 5%
- Demonstrated ability to organize, empower, and manage others to achieve results.
- Proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and TCP/IP networks.
- Knowledge of standard data types (Boolean, Integer, Double Integer, Floating Point, etc.)
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with a variety of communication methods, such as Genius, SRTP, Ethernet Global Data, Profinet, BACnet, DNP, SNMP, and Modbus.
- Experience with a variety of PLC and SCADA software from manufacturers such as Siemens, GE / Emerson, Schneider, and AVEVA / Wonderware
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to present and speak to team members across departments.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization (current Siemens employees who could be hired with an L1 visa excepted)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
- Strong understanding of diesel generator start/stop control, synchronizing, load sharing, and soft loading.
- Experience in electrical utility and substation integration and automation system design. This includes conceptual and detailed design, including schematics, wiring prints, points lists, and other documentation.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.