Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
At Siemens, we believe in Global Corporate Citizenship and creating perfect places for our customers. We are looking for bright and passionate talent to help tackle some of our Customers’ most pressing operational and energy challenges. The Energy Services Engineer role entails working closely with our existing Siemens Customers to help improve their facility’s energy efﬁciency and sustainability footprint. This will involve performing energy audits, energy calculations, building commissioning, designing custom solutions and participating in Customer facing presentations. This position also requires coordinating business development strategy with sales and technology solution managers within Siemens. The ideal candidate would be someone comfortable with taking a leading role and has a passion for customer service as well as energy efﬁciency. The focus of this position is to drive the Energy Services business within the local market for Siemens Smart Infrastructure.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Participate in pre-sale activities, working closely with Sales to identify and technically qualify customer opportunities for energy efﬁciency.
- Participate and at times lead client meetings and presentations. The Energy Engineer is responsible for performing all necessary energy and design calculations needed to adequately propose facility improvement measure (FIM) recommendations.
- Perform industry-standard (ASHRAE or equivalent) energy audits. This will require working independently to develop action plans prior to executing energy audits, properly organizing information gathered, and identiﬁcation of FIM recommendations.
- Perform industry-standard energy calculations (such as weather-based BIN calculations).
- Assist with existing building commissioning. Understanding of industry standard commissioning procedures or techniques is preferred.
- Read and write sequences of operations, as well as analyzing drawings and speciﬁcations to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Work collaboratively with our Digital Service Center resources on Smart Building solutions, as part of Siemens Digitalization Strategy.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in energy efﬁciency engineering with strong focus on building automation within commercial or industrial buildings
- Important – must be bilingual French and English speaking and written
- Experience with Existing Building Commissioning is an asset
- An understanding of HVAC design fundamentals, building controls systems, lighting, building envelope, and domestic hot water system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Engineering license (or Engineer in Training) are strongly preferred
- An understanding of Utility Incentive programs is preferred
- Familiarity with ASHRAE standards is preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel within Canada and US and within the Montreal Area
- Familiarity with MS Excel and VBA programming basics is preferred
- A valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Legal authorization for employment in Canada without the need for current or future employer sponsorship to work in Canada
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.