The Accounts Payable Supervisor will work under the supervision of the Director of Order Management to support the department with timely resolution of all AP related issues and will manage 3 to 5 team members.
This is a highly visible position which is key to manage the overall AP process to ensure timely payment to vendors, minimizing the risks of delays in material deliveries. Duties include overseeing and supporting the daily functions of the AP team. This is a hands-on role.
· Oversee the Accounts Payable functions
· Maintain AP procedures & define procedures for corrective actions
· Decide on release of payment orders within established guidelines
· Monitor AP Suppliers for proper authorization and accurate data by reviewing supplier statements
· Identify internal and supplier root causes for problems that cause delays in supplier payments. Define and implement improved internal processes and work with suppliers to educate them on how to properly ship and invoice material to facilitate expedient payments.
· Work with internal departments and suppliers to research and resolve disputed account discrepancies and be the first semi-escalation point-of-contact with suppliers
· Ensure regular analysis of supplier related liability and payment due status.
· Closely monitor the A/P Aging, ensuring aged payables are resolved and proper review and reconciliation processes are in place
· Maintain documented A/P best practices, identifying inefficiencies and recommending changes for review by senior management
· Assist AP Team members on a daily basis with responsibilities to ensure adequate coverage and support internal and external customers
· Take on projects and other duties as and when assigned by Senior Management
· Bring in fresh ideas and implement best practices across the SCM chain
· Must be able to handle a team of members working collaboratively to achieve the goals of the department
Required Knowledge / Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting
· Five to eight years experience in Accounting
· Highly Proficient in SAP
· Must have past management experience managing a team of at least4 to 6 people
· Strong leadership with the ability to motivate and mentor team members
· Must be a team-oriented resourceful and proactive critical thinker and problem solver with strong customer service skills
· Proven ability to interact with all individuals within the organization and with a commitment to consistently communicate with internal stakeholders and vendors
· Must be able to create summary power point and present to management
· Position based out of Sacramento not remote
Preferred Knowledge / Skills, Education, and Experience
· Post graduate degree in Business highly preferred
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.