For our Smart Infrastructure, we are looking for Part Time Working Students (Factory Excellence Engineer)
Purpose And Overall Relevance For The Organization
• Responsible for improving productivity and efficiency at SI EP GEBZE Plant.
• Support the operational solutions to ensure Quality, Cost & Delivery KPI’s are maintained to a high standard.
• Drive Factory Excellence strategy with efficiency management activities within the organization
• Assist the production and assembly operations to identify and evaluate manufacturing opportunities, utilize Industrial Engineering & Lean Manufacturing techniques that result in measureable and tangible efficiency improvement (e.g. reduced unit cost, improved quality and productivity).
• Monitor, direct & support efficiency improvement activities.
• Ensure improvements are sustained through the introduction of work instructions, quality standards, workplace organisation, training records and performance measurement.
• Provide relevant training to the local teams.
• Assist relevant group managers to rollout & calibration of production environment to ensure accuracy of standard efficiency is within tolerance.
• Responsible for driving improvements in Quality, Cost and Delivery across the business via the application of best practices and Lean Manufacturing activities.
• Deliver a standard platform for reporting capacity planning , costing and delivery reliability by developing & promoting activities through the plant.
• Manage regular reporting & communication packages to Plant Management & and group managers.
• Actively participate in all M.F. Manager visits, term reviews & forums.
• Use engineering techniques to develop positive change to current and existing processes.
• Assist when needed the Sourcing leadership to provide advice & drive change within the business.
• Interact with internal and external stakeholders to determine best production methods.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Requires Industrial Engineering technology and application.
• Identify & evaluate problems and develop improvements to production, BOM utilisation, distribution, and standard work methods by using proven Industrial Engineering techniques.
• Expected to be able to utilize any recognized industrial engineering techniques effectively and to produce tangible results.
• Identifying, evaluating, and developing project solutions and recommendations for minimizing total operational costs.
• Project management skills.
• Must be able to influence others in a multi-culture environment
• Developing & implementing direct labour standards for costing, capacity planning, and evaluating performance where required.
• Recommend methods for improving operator efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
Requisite Education and Experience/Minimum Qualifications
• University student in Industrial Engineering or relevant qualifications within the field of Industrial Engineering.
• Able to work 3-4 days during the week days
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and/or 6 Sigma
• Competency with Excel, Word, Access and MS Project
• Excellent command of English (Reading, Writing and Speaking).
• Willing and able to take on complex projects and tasks independently
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time