Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Senior Software
Job Reference #: 275659
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR
Siemens EDA is the longest standing Electronic Design Automation company in the world and over the last 30 years has amassed the finest technology portfolio in the business. Our software tools span the full breadth of semiconductor and electrical systems solutions including integrated circuit design and verification, PCB design & manufacturing solutions, cable harness design tools, and embedded software.
Siemens EDA has an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of the Build and Infrastructure Group for their flagship Calibre product. The group works on multiple areas of the SDLC including Source code management, building CI/CD pipelines, setting up and maintaining infrastructure both on-premises and on the cloud, licensing, clearing OSS, build and release management.
We are a small, tight-knit team responsible for developing, testing, and debugging internal test infrastructure software. Our software is used by hundreds of internal users 24x7 on 3 continents to run hundreds of thousands of tests per day with minimal downtime.
You will collaborate with senior members of the team to design and implement software, participate in peer reviews and continue our tradition of communal ownership of the codebase. You will assist the team in monitoring our deployed infrastructure during business hours, troubleshoot issues and implement fixes. You will work with quality assurance specialists (our internal customers) to answer their questions and assist in troubleshooting any issues they are having.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Technical degree (minimum BS) in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Object oriented programming
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong desire to produce high quality, reliable code (i.e. peer review code, write tests, update documentation, conform to the coding style guide, write monitoring checks).
- Self-motivated and able to work constructively and productively on a team, as well as independently, is essential
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Database experience (MariaDB/MySQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Git / Gitlab, Jira, Python type hints, Ansible
- Knowledge of software quality assurance processes
- Exhibit a service-oriented attitude and be able to work effectively in a world-wide, multi-site development environment.
- Possess a positive, can-do demeanor and capable of balancing multiple projects effectively and simultaneously.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.