Siemens Rail Infrastructure is rapidly growing its Engineering operations, and we're searching for several expert Systems/Signal Design Engineers to develop HW and SW related to railroad and transit systems. In this role, you'll complete the design of sophisticated train control systems that integrate hardware and application logic. We can accommodate locations in Louisville, KY, Pittsburgh, PA, Jacksonville, FL, New York, NY or even remote!!
As a Senior Signal Wayside Engineer, you will work independently on projects to support the documents required to build an operational and safe signaling system. You will be supporting projects in product-specific configuration-related issues. Of utmost importance are:
- The quality/completeness/consistency of drawn-up documents.
- Activities with the defined processes/guidelines/project-specific requirements.
- Compliance with landmarks/costs respective to the project.
If these items are also meaningful to you, we'd love to have you join our team!Responsibilities:
- Support the development of designs and testing per the specifications for the signaling and safety system in question and the customer's requirements, considering the defined processes, tools, and guidelines.
- Proficiency required with product submittals, track plans, cable plans, manipulation charts, power/time calculations, circuit designs, SSI systems, axle counters (optional), test procedures, test execution, project planning, requirements, and commissioning.
- Collaborate with the respective partners in development, project execution, test center, and other internal partners.
- Support assessors, onshore partners (regional unit, customer, installation companies, etc.), and other external partners.
- Transparent and extensive communication of information, knowledge, and experiences from other projects within the team and across departments, e.g., for lessons learned, standard methodology sharing, or project databases.
- Minimum 4+ years with NYCT transit and 8+ years railroad signaling experience.
- Proficient with 733 standards, FRA requirements, and AREMA recommendations.
- Education: Must possess a Bachelor degree in an Engineering subject area
- Must be proficient in the design and commissioning of railroad and transit signaling systems
- Competent in legacy signal systems as projects permit
- Design sophisticated solid-state interlocking solutions and tie-ins with legacy system
- Design complex relay and interlocking and bridge designs
- Understand current communication methods and various locking test
- Able to check complete aspect charts (braking distances, average grades, curvature/elevation) and design CAB circuits
- Perform design checks for interlockings, yard applications, and grade crossings
- Understand material requirements and power requirements for proposed equipment
- Attend project surveys and collect pertinent information
- Provide design solutions for designer's sketch
Why you'll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription, and vision coverage, the first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.