At Siemens Mobility we live and nurture an ownership
culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our
company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our
processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as
owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. Our product offerings
include light rail vehicles, electric locomotives, diesel-electric locomotives,
passenger coaches, and high-speed trains. Core manufacturing processes include
extensive car-shell welding activities, bogie fabrication and assembly,
electrical subassembly, finishing and paint, and final assembly.
The Packaging Engineer for Warehouse and Logistics has the primary responsibility to develop various packaging concepts in coordination with materials and ensure compatibility of packaging with manufacturing and logistics processes.
• Prepare and maintain standardized packaging guidelines and requirements for Global Supply Chain for a wide range of commodities.
• Review and approve vendor submitted packaging plans
• Communicate to all stakeholders in supply chain changes, updates, and exceptions to requirements on packaging.
• Determine optimal lot size, packaging configuration, and part groupings to optimize logistics and production processes
• Conduct cost analyses on updating packaging, expendable vs. returnable, and lot size changes decisions to be made.
• Work with operations team to provide feedback on execution of proposed packaging plans and material configuration.
• Pull data from ERP System (SAP) to determine optimal part grouping by planned consumption in production.
• Prepare and execute checklist for new projects awarded in relation to supply chain and packaging work that needs to be completed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 0 – 3 years of experience working in a warehousing logistics group to define, roll out and improve supply chain packaging specifications in an operations environment.
• Firm project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
• Practical knowledge of the lean tool box and ability to utilize lean principles to reduce waste.
• A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the logistics and packaging industries best practices.
• Demonstrated understanding of tooling and equipment for material handling operations and its impact to safety, accuracy, quality, throughput, and efficiency.
• Knowledge of different types of bills of materials between engineering and production.
• A history of driving projects in a very dynamic low volume start up production environment.
• BS in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering, a comparable degree, or 4+ years of field experience
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.