Siemens Smart Infrastructure employees, currently living and working within the United States, will not be required to relocate for this opportunity, however, external applicants will be required to live within the Dallas-Fort Worth metro and will be required to report into the Irving, TX, office 2-3 days / week.
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position produces system installation drawings including floor plans, riser diagrams, system diagrams, and layouts using manual drawing techniques and Computer Automated Design (CAD) tools.
- Prepare system drawings per specifications and plans, including point-to-point wiring diagrams, riser diagrams, and floor plans.
- Prepare voltage drop calculations, load calculations, and battery calculations for inclusion on system drawings or documentation.
- Maintain material and supplies required to complete the documentation and prepare purchase requisitions.
- Maintain a supply of technical and sales literature required to support the system documentation, submittals, and sales proposals.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience drafting fire safety systems and CAD system operations; 2+ years preferred
- NICET II Fire Alarm Certification
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, CAD Training, or other engineering design software applications
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
fire alarms, Fire Alarm Technician, fire alarm system, Fire alarm control panel, Building safety interfaces, safety devices, nicet, nfpa, axis ax, wheelock, exceder, simplex, 4100es, truealert, safelinc, next-in protection, convergint
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.