What are my responsibilities?
1) You are prepared to take responsibility for a commodity in the field of electronics of DI MC, to actively develop and optimize the material field and to adapt it to the requirements of the business and the market in an agile manner.
2) You will develop and implement long-term material field strategies for the global motion control purchasing volume in the area of your commodities and increase the added value by bundling the purchasing volume within DI MC as well as other business units of Siemens AG; furthermore, you will optimize the material productivity by effectively using all procurement levers. You ensure the involvement of purchasing in all projects at the earliest possible stage.
3) You will also manage and maintain a global virtual network of sites and cross functions to share best practices and ensure prompt information flow.
4) You will also ensure an excellent, leading-edge supplier base and support world-class SCM processes to ensure productivity, quality, delivery reliability and innovation, including escalation and claim management.
5) You will develop the supplier base in terms of supplier qualification and development as well as overall supplier relationship management. In doing so, you will draw on the results of market analyses and take into account the latest market trends. You will succeed in securing Motion Control a prime position with our suppliers as well as expanding or, if necessary, establishing contacts at the management level of the suppliers. To this end, you are in constant contact with our suppliers.
6) You ensure transparency through data and controls as well as reports on relevant purchasing key figures in the assigned commodities and implement cross-functional award decisions taking into account the total costs and strategy and you are coordinated with your interface partners for this purpose.
1) You have a degree in business administration with a clear technical affinity or, alternatively, a technical degree with a solid business background.
2) You have already experience in strategic purchasing - preferably in electronics. You have already conducted contract negotiations independently. You are business fluent in English.
3) Personally, you convince us with your ability to lead and motivate global virtual teams - your intercultural sensitivity and communication skills support you in this.
4) In addition, you are used to moving confidently at senior management level and to preparing and presenting information in a way that is suitable for the respective audience.
5) Your ability to build a resilient network is based on your communication skills and social competence. You draw valuable information from this network, which you bring to DI MC and also know, how to use in your relationship with our external partners.
6) For this position, we would like a candidate with strong learning ability who perceives this step as a career move; this position offers you strong visibility.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Numerical Control Ltd., Nanjing
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time