What are my responsibilities?
1) Early Procurement Involvement, be actively involved in the product development/manufacturing process as well as implement cost reduction measures (benchmarks, design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with R&D community in the BU and Procurement (Commodity Managers, Buyers).
2) Market analysis and market information/analyses on international technology and price trends in order to obtain new suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
3) Early Supplier Integration, include suppliers and contribute to cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the projects.
4) Evaluation and leveraging of procurement-related opportunities e.g. 2nd source, localization and productivity.
5) Development and implementation of procurement and supplier strategies in the R&D project in alignment with pooling strategies and material strategies.
6) Introduce and track predetermined overarching procurement strategies in the development process to secure the combination of commodity strategies with technological market trends, but taking into account the respective project objectives with regard to requirements in the areas of technology, quality, costs and logistics.
7) Contract Management, conclusion of global contracts and framework agreements.
8) Negotiation of terms and conditions (e.g. prices, incoterms) with domestic and global suppliers.
9) Driving and documentation of sourcing decisions with interface partners.
10) Providing input to the project manager / CPO / KPLM for product cost calculations.
11) Providing information of project team and of FIN P about the status of the procurement topics in the R&D project.
12) Reporting of CTG (Contribution to Growth) as KPI according to existing rules and regulations.
1) At least 4-5 years working experience in procurement function or technical function is required,
2) Familiar with supply chain knowhow and purchasing process,
3) Familiar with the manufacturing processes and automated manufacturing of electric products
4) Good at English and Chinese both in spoken and written.
5) Good communication skill and teamwork spirit.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Numerical Control Ltd., Nanjing
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time