Who we are | Our Culture
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities
The Sr. Financial Analyst will report directly to the Plant Controller and will support the local manufacturing operations. The analyst will communicate and respond to any inter-departmental requests, such as Corporate Team, Fixed Asset Team, Internal Audit Team. The successful candidate will also contribute to the digitalization of reporting, analysis, and planning of our plant. This role will perform various finance and accounting tasks with direct impact on the financial performance of the plant.
What you will do:
• Provides expert analysis and evaluations on financial, accounting, cost and trend reports in order to improve the results of the organization
• Performs coordination of the weekly payroll process for plant personnel
• Performs balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
• Acts as point of contact for Accounts Payable for the plant
• Provides financial reporting and variance analysis to both local and divisional management teams
• Handles Ad hoc reporting for Controller, Plant Manager, and Continues Improvement Teams (CIP), and other local management teams
• Supports forecasting and budgeting process as well as cost center controlling
• Supports Month-end & ongoing reporting including Productivity, P&L, Balance Sheet, Headcount, Capital Expenditures (CAPEX, including capitalization of assets), Inventory, Reserves, Warranty, and Journal Entries
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in either Finance or Accounting
• Solid understanding of Cost Accounting
• Experience in Variance Analysis and Financial Reporting
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g. V-lookups, Pivot tables etc.)
• Basic understanding of Microsoft products (Outlook, Teams, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to transition from non-digital to digital solutions
• High degree of accuracy and very detail oriented
• In-depth understanding of Accounting/Finance concepts
• Solid understanding of SAP or similar ERP system preferred
• Highly self-motivated individual who requires and prefers little guidance from manager.
• Excellent communications skills, including the ability to provide data in a concise and appropriate manner
• This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious
What will set you ahead of the pack:
• Experience in finance in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of Tableau, Knime/Alteryx
• 3-5yrs experience in cost accounting analysis
• 3-5yrs experience in variance analysis
• SAP experience-Intermediate level
• Intermediate Leadership skills
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.