We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get rewards for them!
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
The Medium Voltage & Systems Business Unit is growing steadily in the United States. It is seeking highly qualified and energetic AIS Proposals Team Lead for its Air Insulated Switchgear Business Segment located in Querétaro, México.
What will you do
This position is for a Team Lead that will be responsible for Air Insulated Switchgear offers for the United States Market. The AIS Offers Team Lead will play a significant role in business generation of Air-Insulated Medium Voltage Switchgear and Motor Controllers by leading a team of proposal engineers that will be preparing comprehensive technical and commercial proposals and solutions that best fits our customer needs, while ensuring competitive pricing. Provides leadership in the segment management. The AIS Offers Team Lead will work closely with Internal stakeholders and Siemens Sales in the USA to ensure timely offer preparation and support to customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual, and commercial issues. The position will be based on Mexico but will serve predominantly the USA market.
Provides leadership in the segment management. Reviews and assign Request for Proposals and monitors proposal activity. Ensure productivity to meet the offers team objectives and close orders. The Team Lead should be well versed in regional markets and product requirements.
The AIS Proposals Team Lead will represent this product segment and will report functionally to Management in Mexico and USA.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a minimum 8+-year engineering experience in an EPC, engineering, manufacturing, utility, or industrial corporate environment.
• Advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
• Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products and power systems/ power delivery.
• Experience evaluating relay P&C schemes, schematics, communication network diagrams.
• Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for power distribution applications. IEC standards knowledge is a plus.
• Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications, drawings, and datasheets to interpret and apply appropriate Siemens product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
• Excellent collaboration skills in a team environment, and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
• Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
• Basic financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
• Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
• Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools and product configuration/pricing applications.
• Self-starting and autonomous with time management and prioritization ability.
• Experience with commercial terms and contract negotiations.
• Proficiency in English language is a must.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Leadership Experience
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Tools such as Salesforce.
• Focus on medium voltage switchgear and motor controller products in construction, industrial and utility related market segments.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.