As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Siemens Mobility have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Engineer to join our Control Systems team within the Rail Infrastructure business in Birmingham.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to a Senior Bid Manager, the Bid Engineer plans, manages and delivers all engineering aspects of Control Systems bids. Working to a very high standard of quality, they will often be required to work within limited bidding timescales and cost budgets.
The Bid Engineer acts as the interface to the Control Systems (and wider) engineering community. The Bid Engineer will assess the customer’s requirements, produce an initial overview of their needs, and propose outline solutions which will then be developed (in conjunction with subject matter experts as appropriate) into the offered bid solution. Responsible for the completion of all relevant engineering bid processes, gateways and outputs including Red Teams, Engineering & Security Statements, technical aspects of Siemens LOA & EPIQ and, of course, production of compelling, concise, and informative tender documentation.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Assessment of the engineering requirements of a bid when ITTs are published to identify key aspects that may be relevant for a PM020 “bid/no-bid” decision.
- Preparation of “Project on a page” summaries of requirements and system architecture block diagram outline solutions.
- Engagement with Control Systems engineering functions to secure appropriate level of resource to deliver fully compliant and fully costed solution.
- Engagement with customer to understand and develop technical requirements and solutions. Production of technical tender queries and assessing responses to customer requests for information.
- For the bid stage ensure the delivery of:
- Engineering designs / activities with cost, quality, safety and performance requirements.
- Lead engineering tasks to deliver system solutions
- Production of engineering technical and Health and Safety documentation deliverables to meet bid requirements (in conjunction with other Control Systems resources assigned to the bid.)
- Estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Maintain change/ decision log for bid solution as it develops through the process
- Provide input to risk register for engineering issues
- Compliance Statement to customer requirements
- Foster, maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- HNC/HND/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proven experience of design delivery of Control Systems & engineering activities in the rail environment
- Engineering background with previous relevant experience in the rail industry
- Knowledge and application of requirements management.
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment
- Experience of working in a bid environment, producing quality output in challenging timescales.
- Incorporated Engineer or equivalent status / IRSE License in relevant category (ideally)
- Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- Proven experience providing support for estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- System knowledge of (for instance):
- VDU Control Systems
- NX Panels & panel processors
- Train Describers
- TDM systems
- Signalling, Telecoms, Networking (appreciation of)
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time