Siemens Mobility have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to join the Rail Infrastructure CIS business. The successful candidate will need to be located within commutable distances of one of our core offices which include; Ashby De La Zouch, Chippenham, Manchester, Glasgow, London and York.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The CIS Business supplies operational communication systems for the UK signalling network, SCADA control systems, alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. This includes the upgrading and fault finding on the Fixed Telecoms Network (FTN/x) along with regular dealings with Station Information and Security (SISS) systems in stations across the UK rail network. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering to our customers.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
A member of the Bids and Tendering department, working closely with all disciplines within the team and the wider business, to ensure delivery of high quality, winning SISS bids, and ensuring these are effectively mobilised to the project delivery team.
The Bids and Tendering function is a centralised bidding team that is responsible for managing the signalling bids for Rail Infrastructure in the UK, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning strategy.
What will be your Responsibilities?
- Management of the creation of winning SISS tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award, for bids ranging from £100k up to £50m.
- Definition and implementation of winning bid strategies ensuring a breakdown of tender requirements and coordination of all technical, commercial and financial aspects of the estimation and proposal creation process (including pricing structures, subcontract partnerships etc.)
- Preparation, review and coordination of compelling tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality, that adequately captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks
- Preparation of all review meeting materials and coordination of the close-out of all actions where required for individual tenders
- Provision of leadership to the tender team and allocated business resources, influencing and negotiating with people at all levels, including providing progress reports to management
- Involvement in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial and commercial considerations, acting as the client single point of contact in relation to the bid.
- Production and delivery of presentations (internal and external to the client) up to board level
- Responsible for transferring knowledge from the tendering team to the Delivery team, verifying the tender and achieving scope stability and handover to Delivery
- Accurate management of bid budgets, and ensuring Siemens RA company policies and procedures (including quality assurance) as suitably followed, striking the right balance between governance and cost efficiency
- Implement improvement in company processes and standards in relation to bid management
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- Bid management experience from an engineering project-based business, in a regulated industry, with experience leading bids up to £50m, and managing associated bid budgets
- Experience and knowledge of SISS Telecoms Systems in a Rail Environment
- Able to manage the delivery of multiple bids through corporate governance procedures, including parallel approval workstreams (e.g. financial, technical, commercial etc.)
- Possess a good understanding of the way in which railway-signalling projects are managed and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e. project management, finance, engineering, planning, delivery and commercial inputs.
- Commercially astute, and able to structure a bid to present the offer in the best light whilst minimising risk to the business
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related discipline
- Ability to influence and negotiate with people at all levels within Siemens RI and customer organisations, whilst fostering strong working relationships
- Experience and knowledge of SISS maintenance bids
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong customer focus, able to manage complex negotiations with the client as appropriate.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- 26 days holiday, growing to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, bonus, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time