eMeter is at the heart of the Internet of Things and Smart Grid revolution sweeping the globe: every electric, gas, and water meter around the world is being replaced by a smart meter that can measure precisely when and how much energy is consumed. We’re one of two major product portfolios making up the Siemens Digital Grid Software unit, and are the leading provider of software that manages the enormous stream of data generated by smart meters and a growing number of other types of devices and sensors on the smart grid network.
The EnergyIP suite of smart grid applications enables utilities and their customers to lower costs, provide better service, and make smarter energy decisions. It is built on a common IoT platform, that uses state of the art technologies for distributed, high volume processing, storage and analysis, for both transactional and analytics applications. Our growing suite of applications includes smart meter data collection and billing (“meter to cash”), outage detection, demand response, energy efficiency monitoring, customer portal, plus a suite of big data analytics apps for analyzing consumer behavior, and optimizing the distribution grid.
We offer technically challenging work, opportunity for growth, an open and collaborative culture, and the chance to make a difference.
The typical schedule for this position will be 2-3 days in-office & 2-3 days remote
eMeter is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will:
- Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working with other engineers and architects to help deliver the end solution
- Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions, creating proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Have an ownership mindset and collaborate with business and engineering stakeholders across the organization to develop, implement, and deploy solutions to address a wide array of business problems
- Develop high level and detailed designs, implementation, automated tests, and performance and resilience tests.
- Mentor, encourage, and build up junior team members to increase team capabilities, maturity, and best practices
- Help to foster an environment of open communication, creative thinking, problem solving, and cohesive team effort.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience as a software engineer.
- Deep understanding of Distributed systems, Distributed Databases, cloud scale application design and Messaging platforms like Kaflka.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures
- Strong coding skills and experience in java/spring-boot stack.
- Good knowledge of cloud native stack and Kubernetes platform. AWS experience is a plus but experience with other leading cloud platforms like Azure, GCP is fine too.
- Understanding and experience of Microservices architecture, containerized and gitops driven deployments
- Strong Application and System design skills.
- End-to-end experience supporting large-scale backend systems in production environments
- Fluency in professional software engineering practices encompassing the software development life including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD, testing, and operations
- Strong problem solver and leader with good mentorship skills.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Great To Have Experience:
- Experience working in an agile environment that follows Scrum or other agile methodologies.
BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.