At Siemens Healthineers USA, our purpose is to enable healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, and improving patient experience, all enabled by digitalizing healthcare. An estimated five million patients benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
As a data scientist, you will be a part of a dynamic team of medical imaging engineers and AI experts committed to improving standard-of-care in diagnostic and interventional ultrasound, and work cross functionally with clinicians, software developers and human factors engineers.
- Research, design, implement, and deploy full-stack scalable computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning solutions to novel diagnostic ultrasound imaging clinical problems.
- Keep up with the state-of-the-art in computer vision and deep learning.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for object detection, classification, segmentation, etc. – for both live video and static medical images.
- Translate business requirements into quick prototypes and work with the R&D and Clinical teams directly to uncover operational objectives and advance data collection.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in computer science, machine learning, medical imaging, physics, engineering, or related fields.
- Strong foundation in computer science, algorithms, data structures, machine learning, and statistics.
- Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning technologies.
- Proficiency in Matlab, Python and associated packages, and image pre-processing methods.
- Experience working with small & large datasets for deep learning applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, assessing tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Experience with medical imaging
- Proficiency with Tensorflow, Keras, or other deep learning frameworks.
- Experience working in a product development company focused on Healthcare
- Proficient with AWS or Azure cloud computing environments.
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.