Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock – Light Rail is adding a Commercial (Financial) Bid Manager, who will manage proposals for business opportunities in the North American Light Rail market. The position is located at our thriving manufacturing campus in Sacramento, CA. In this exciting and impactful role, you will be working with Business Development and other department members to define and create proposal content based on customer requirements and input, industry standards, best practices, and guidelines developed. You will own the financial bid process and will exercise highly skilled competencies relating to mining, validating, maintaining, and using reusable proposal content and produce winning bids in collaboration with key stakeholders.
What you will need to be successful
• A minimum of 2 years direct bid management experience
• Additional 3-5 years of experience financially managing projects during their execution phase
• Ability to work closely with others across all organizations to gather, synthesize, and incorporate information into written proposals and business development presentations
• Ability to deliver quality work under pressure and within the allotted time to prepare a compelling proposal, most importantly the ability to prioritize, multi-task, recognize critical tasks without losing sight of the “big picture”, meet project milestones and internal/external proposal deadlines.
• Excellent writing and editing capabilities; highly skilled in the use of Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint, Excel, desktop publishing technologies, SharePoint, and similar tools
• Remain up-to-date regarding relevant laws, regulations, and industry practices in the Rail Industry
• Excellent presentation skills
• Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft® Word, desktop publishing technologies, SharePoint, and Excel
• Bachelor’s degree required
What you will be doing:
• Work with the Business Development team to understand upcoming opportunities in the Light Rail market; establish strong customer relationships to advance key opportunities
• Lead monthly order pipeline reviews with the Head of Business Development; create a monthly financial forecast of the opportunities
• Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in the Light Rail industry (e.g. Federal funding provisions, Buy America, industry terms & conditions, etc.)
• Together with other stakeholders, define the most suitable product solution and commercial terms and conditions to address the opportunity and develop a sound bid strategy
• Assist in high level target price setting and develop / communicate individual department targets
• Review contract terms and conditions as well as other financial provisions and develop a compelling bid response
• Responsible lead for all financial bid activities, including development of bid budgets, price calculations, budget reviews, internal project milestones, bid authorization process, etc.
• Coordinate review and input by other subject matter experts, for example with regards to tax topics, insurance topics, financial guarantees, etc.
• Prepare and lead review of Accounting topics as required
• Responsible for proper documentation of key proposal elements and successful hand-over to the project execution team
• Drive design-to-cost and other cost cutting measures as necessary and coordinate within the organization
• Ensure compliance of proposal with Federal funding provisions, such as Buy America, US Cargo preference, Fly America, etc. and coordinate with the respective functional departments
• Coordinate investment / capacity needs for upcoming opportunities; create the underlying business cases and drive the approval process as necessary
• Manage / coordinate other financial topics, such as customer financing needs / calculations, financial securities (bid bonds, performance bonds, warranty bonds), foreign currency exposure and mitigation (hedging), etc.