The distributed computing and smart perception team at Siemens Technology at Beijing is dedicated to developing future proof technologies to solve emerging challenges across IoT and AI, targeting applications ranging from smart manufacturing to smart city. One of the core competences we are building is edge computing, which enables better utilization of massive IoT resources and helps deliver real time services.
We are now seeking two research scientists or lead research scientists in edge computing, one position focuses on edge computing application research and development, and one focuses on edge computing technology research and development. The successful candidates will be responsible for leading and conducting ground-breaking research and development to address complex issues arising in edge systems.
What are my responsibilities?
- Identify critical issues, develop and execute solutions to address business issues;
- Lead and conduct research work & produce top rank innovations and technical leadership for Siemens business;
- Collaborate with team on prototype development, project piloting and customer solution delivery;
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technology and processes to ensure highest product quality;
- Engage in internal/external funding and projects acquisition.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Master’s degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automation or a related technical discipline;
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience;
- Experience in relational and/or NoSQL databases development such as MySQL, MongoDB;
- Familiar with Git;
- Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux;
- Experience with Agile, web services, microservices, UNIX, middleware, data base and machine learning;
- Self-motivated, self-managed and good teamwork. A demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain is presumed;
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience;
- Familiar with Java frameworks and technologies such as Spring Boot, JPA, MyBatis;
- Familiar with messaging framework such as RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Kafka;
- Experience in Node.js technology stack such as Express.js, NestJS;
- Experience in one of the front-end technologies such as Vue.js, Angular, React;
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
What else do I need to
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit –Technology (T) – plays an important role in this. Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Technology China (T CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward
to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of
the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to
review your suitability for the role.
If you want know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website https://new.siemens.com/cn/zh/company/jobs.html.
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time