Advanced Manufacturing Engineers x 5 - new factory
Fantastic opportunity for Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineers to join our innovative engineering team at Siemens Healthineers Magnet Technology. Siemens Healthineers have excellent opportunities for Advanced Manufacturing Engineers. We are currently seeking full-time Advanced Manufacturing Engineers to join our inclusive team in Oxford, and the position comes with a generous salary and benefits.
As part of our long-term business strategy, we are building a new world-class purpose-built facility in Oxfordshire. As a Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, you will play a key role in the successful new product introduction of superconducting magnets.
We offer our engineers a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Influencing product design to improve DFMA and optimise labour content
- Design manufacturing processes from concept to production ensuring parts and materials are fit for both purpose and efficient manufacture with high yield
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment to enable our new product and continuous improvement agendas.
- Work closely with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to ensure final product designs are suitable for volume manufacture. Implement robust feedback mechanisms between departments, and communicate lessons learnt once products are in production.
- Developing new product processes from the conception stage, through prototyping and into product launch and volume manufacture.
- Managing capital investment and infrastructure projects, from functional specification creation, through vendor selection, commissioning, and manufacturing release.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to assist in the development of graduate engineers.
- Solving manufacturing problems to resolve internal and external process issues and maintain our zero-harm culture in the process.
Benefits of this role:
You’ll work on process engineering projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout your career with us, you’ll have every chance to develop personally and professionally in a role offering real depth and breadth of experience.
What we are looking for:
- Experienced Advanced Manufacturing Engineer with experience of launching new products into manufacture.
- A Degree in Engineering, Science, manufacturing (or related subject) or an extensive equivalent experience.
- Substantial and varied technical experience in manufacturing / process engineering
- Experience in taking the lead on Advance Manufacturing Engineering projects
- Good track record of personally implementing substantial improvement activities within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Experienced in the use of tools to facilitate effective problem solving within a lean environment
- If you have excellent communication skills, can effectively manage, and solve a wide range of complex technical issues, we would love to hear from you.
Your personality and skills:
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues and develop cross functional relationships.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
About us and what we can offer
At our Oxford site we have a flexible working environment, we offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution), bonus, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover, family leave and flexible working – we offer enhanced maternity / adoption leave.
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and strong commuter links to the surrounding area but also plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities in one of the most lovely areas in the UK.
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time