Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens Energy, Siemens Limited India is seeking a responsible, professional, and self-motivated individual to fill a position in Gas Turbine department In Gurgaon, India as “Gas Turbine Product Development Engineer”.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Support Gasturbine research and development team to develop the next turbine generation within a quickly changing global energy market.
• Analysis of power plant data to derive appropriate upgrade products for this engine
• Evaluation of emission/performance data of different Gasturbine versions
• Creation of technical offers for new unit Gasturbines as well as modernizations and upgrades. This includes communication within the engineering and service to define required hardware scope and operational limitations on a site-specific basis within defined boundary conditions.
• Analysis of technical risks related to design and operational changes
• Support of COE/R&D projects for first time applications with technical product documentation
• Lead and facilitate fast resolution of technical issues of upgraded engines. This includes evaluation of a root cause, solution development and implementation followed by verification/validation.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Master’s degree from recognized university in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• More than 6 years of experience in gas turbine with excellent working knowledge of the design and operation
• Deep understanding of powerplant and Gasturbine operational behavior incl. thermodynamic understanding
• Advanced skills in MS-Office, esp. Excel incl. Macro-Development (VBA)
• Big Data Analysis, Programming skills in Python or similar language are beneficial
• Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills.
• Be comfortable working on different development projects, with colleagues in multiple time zones.
• Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
• Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
• Proven examples of proactive leadership and initiative.
• Familiarity with the Product Development Process (PDP) as well as six sigma and lean principles and tools
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurugram , Haryana. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
At Siemens, we value diversity as the inclusion and collaboration of different thinking, backgrounds, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organizational levels and dimensions.
Siemens has the goal of ≥20% female share on our first and ≥25% female share on second organizational level. It is our internal Siemens world-wide gender diversity aspiration to reach at least this female share over all levels by the end of June 2022.
Our commitment towards promoting women along all levels in the company does not end with complying legal requirements. We furthermore continue to foster various initiatives, programs and measures to trigger an culture change to gender parity, diversity and inclusion. We support the many different ways of life of our employees as much as possible, for example by offering childcare, flexible work schedules and diversity employee networks.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time