We are currently looking for an Advanced Robotics Intern to work throughout the year in Berkeley, California. This intern must be able to work 30-40 hours a week. The internship is in person in our Berkeley office.
During this internship, the candidate will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research and be part of a world class team. This person will
- Conduct research and development in the area of advanced robotics and machine autonomy
- Work on fast-paced co-creation projects in the area of the autonomous factory of the future
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Create technical reports
Qualified candidates will have/be
- PhD or MSc students in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience with robotic manipulation and robotic grasping
- Implemented and debugged algorithms on real robot hardware
- Familiarity with ROS development
- C++ and Python proficiency
- Experience with machine vision for robotics (e.g. OpenCV) and common sensing modalities such as RGB-D sensors
- Deep Learning experience is a plus
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.