Role: System Engineer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a software developer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What part will you play
- Design, Development and maintenance of Sales and Manufacturing Knowledge base (KB) using SAP Variant Configuration.
- Write Unit test cases for the components developed
- Integration testing of the components developed with other product components, if required.
- Bug fixes / Maintenance of the components developed as well as any other components assigned.
- Design Documentation and Customer Facing Documentation
- Ensure conformance to organization and project quality processes
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years of experience in product/components design/development in manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge in manufacturing process and knowledge in bill of materials (BOM).
- Knowledge in any software programming language (Java/C++/VB/etc.) and good knowledge in XML technologies
- Exposure in configuration technologies preferably SAP Variant Configuration is a plus.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving Skills.
- Should be able to work independently based on defined goal.
- Communicate and co-ordinate with distributed team across the world.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Chennai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time