Hi, we are Siemens Mobility, a world-class rail car manufacturing facility. We are a market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles. As a Robot Operator, which combine tasks between operating a weld robot, welding, repair welding and fitting. high energy production environment in the fabrication of carbon steel and stainless-steel car bodies for the best rail vehicles in the world.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
What you will be doing:
To perform this job successfully, you need to have a great understanding in reading engineering drawings/blueprints, weld symbols, WPS’s and a basic knowledge of how a weld robot operates. You also need to be certified in the Bogie weld package.
- The expectation is you work under limited supervision, to setup, and operate precision machines/ Robotic Weld Cell to fabricate metallic parts or assemblies
- Apply basic knowledge of welding theory and procedures and basic mathematics.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machine factors, such as wire feed speed, amperage, polarity, type of gas, and type of weld rod.
- Operates and observes robot to detect malfunctions or non-conforming conditions.
- Operates welding robot on trial run and/or teaching mode to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, and hand tools.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Visually inspects to maintain quality records with minimum supervision.
- Follows all safety procedures and wears safety equipment or apparel as required.
- Performs daily maintenance and cleaning of machines and work cell per established checklists.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve welding or robot operation problems.
- Perform basic robot programming and weld touch ups as needed daily.
- Works under minimal supervision.
What you will need to be successful:
- Five to seven years’ experience welding and or welding quality within an AWS or DIN certified organization.
- Successful demonstration of key responsibilities of practical welding.
- Performed visual inspection of increasingly difficult level involving the application of working knowledge of welding techniques and mythology, ability to read blueprints and other specifications containing welding symbols.
- Working knowledge of torch, plasma equipment and test equipment.
- Ability to monitor the effectives of weld techniques, provide documented and coaching feedback, practical demonstration of "how to do right".
- Capable of supporting weld process development and or improvement for mythology of weld processes
- Typically, High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five to seven years minimum experience in visual inspection.
- Five to seven years minimum experience in welding of complex assemblies using a variety of methods, i.e., tig / mig / GMAW, AWS certification (American Welding Society) for welding of carbon steel, stainless steel and dissimilar steel using various welding processes in position 1G through 4G.
- Metallurgy and or structural design/analysis training is desirable.
We would be impressed if you had:
The mechanical ability to do maintenance, small repair on robot dress packages, peripheral equipment such as weld guns, robotic welding equipment and tools is a plus
Skills in all forms of GMAW welding. Your competence in reading and fully understanding manufacturing drawings. The ability to work with minimum supervision. Your ability to contribute to the team’s performance. Your confidence with measurements, tolerances, and the metric system.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.