Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
To qualified candidates living in Miami, FL or Eastern Fl living near a major airport. Clinical Laboratory Informatics Specialist (AIS) provides support for Siemens automation and informatics solutions and will be responsible for providing on-site and remote support for system configuration, including pre-installation, installation, training, troubleshooting and post-implementation support of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics data management and network connectivity of Siemens informatics and automation products.
The areas of responsibilities are to work closely with Siemens Diagnostics first, second, and third level employees as well as management. The AIS must respond to the most difficult system problems such as counseling customers, Sales Representatives, Technical Applications Specialists (TASs), and Customer Service Engineers (CSEs) on corrective and preventative measures. The AIS will be integral to the planning of an installation, instrument setup, training of lab personnel, learning tools, troubleshooting guides, and standardization of operating procedures. The AIS will demonstrate the leadership and expertise necessary to train, develop, and mentor TASs.
The AIS position assumes a leadership role in the Technical Applications Organization. Therefore, the AIS will be regionally based out of the Central Zone but recognized as a national resource and will be required to support any customers across North America. This may require extensive travel to meet the needs of our customers or the needs of the organization. The individual will routinely interact directly with customers including Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and IT Administrators as well as external Laboratory Information System vendors and 3rd party middleware companies.
Performing pre-implementation activities including support of the sales process, pre-installation meetings, and technical demonstrations. Meetings with customers to discuss and establish readiness for Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface communication, network security and connectivity agreement, and establishment of customer specific workflow decisions that will determine system configuration activities (i.e., test setup, auto-verification, etc.) allowing for the successful integration of Siemens products.
- Experience with Windows Server virtualization and/or administration
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate level certification
- Network Engineering – ethernet and TCPIP experience
- Cisco Certified Networking – associate level certification
- Medical Device Interfacing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with Windows Server virtualization and administration
- Network engineering experience with ethernet/TCPIP networking, Cisco Certified Networking Associate Level considered a plus for working with IT resources
- Possess technical skills and knowledge with communication interface protocols, cabling & networking, data stream analysis and troubleshooting, experience setting up and configuring of automation and middleware or other relevant software applications and strong knowledge of computer operating system and hardware.
- Ability to use data stream monitor/analysis tools, data tracker, sniffers, communication and/or application simulators, cables and connector tools.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows operating systems, browser configurations, internet connectivity configurations; both dial-up and broadband, firewall configurations, communication protocols including HL7, ASTM or other protocols.
- Familiarity with the following software necessary for routine daily operations: Windows 10, 7, XP; Internet Explorer, Chrome, Linux, Microsoft Office 365 - Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, SAP, Acrobat, PC Anywhere.
- Strong complex problem solving skills and the ability to translate technical issues into non-technical terms.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, accept responsibility and prioritize without significant management intervention.
- Professional attitude, comfortable working in a large corporate setting populated with diverse types of people, maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations, ability to accept change.
- An ability to interface at a highly technical level with assurance and confidence.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Laboratory experience such as MT or MLT and training experience within a Healthcare environment.
- Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery.
- Windows: XP, 7; Server2kx; Name Resolution; NTFS permissions; Registry; local Group Policy; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
- Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; Encapsulation; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; bridging; Internet access technologies; ARP
- Security concepts: CIA; Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS.
NO RELOCATION BENEFITS ARE BEING OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION.
MUST HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD OVER THE LAST THREE YEARS.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.