Corindus, A Siemens Healthineers Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the successful design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems for Corindus’ new and existing medical device products. You will develop the mechanical systems and subsystems of the next generation robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. You will be a strong technical resource in mechanical design, having responsibilities in wide range of product development lifecycle, such as ideation, design, analysis, design description, prototyping, verification, validation, and manufacturing transfer. This is a collaborative opportunity where you will work with other engineering disciplines, and cross-functionally with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Product Management. Ideal candidates have led the design and developed of complex mechanical part of robotic medical systems from initiation to manufacturing transfer.
- Responsible for design, and development of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical sub-systems.
· Applies strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations (mathematical and numerical) aimed at guaranteed-by-design implementation.
· Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Utilizes novel software tools to refine complex mechanical or electromechanical designs.
- Assists in defining design inputs, creating specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
- Project management responsibilities which may include vendor and supplier management, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- BSc. degree in Mechanical Engineering is required, MSc. is highly preferred
- 7+ yrs experience in the product development role is required, medical device experience is desired
- Extensive mechanical design and development experience, preferably containing, precision moving parts and complex mechanisms and assemblies, required
- Strong analytical skills in mechanical domain (such as static, dynamic, kinematic, vibration, complex tolerance analyses) are required
- Proficiency with SolidWorks is required
- Proficiency in software tools such as: FEA, Enventive (or other tolerance analysis tools), MATLAB, Simulink/Simscape, and LabVIEW, and statistical methods and tools such as Minitab required
- Experience integrating industrial design and human factors in design desired
- Prior basic project management experience and experience managing external resources desired
- Strong communication skills desired
- Ability to travel up to 10% required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.