Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- · Deploy Procurement Strategy in area of responsibility and contribute to BU strategy development (e.g. core/non-core, cross-functional collaboration, early involvement of Procurement and suppliers);
- · Develop initiatives and performance programs for area of responsibility;
- · Ensure alignment of (detail) Commodity strategies, footprint, (if applicable) warehousing strategies and (if applicable) inbound / outbound logistics chain
- · Ensure proper balancing of PVO, supplier base and Supply Chain (GVS)
- · Ensure implementation of Siemens initiatives (Sustainability, values, guidelines, risk management, internal controls, country programs / initiatives)
- · Full strategic and operational (if applicable) responsibility for BU-specific material, Management of BU-wide Commodity groups
- · Joint responsibility for Pooled Direct; support pooling enhancement and Commodity management
- · Ensure implementation of Pooled Direct strategies, support demand management with BU stakeholders.
- · Drive BU Supplier Management processes (e.g. evaluation, development, initiatives, control) to obtain best suppliers and ensure transparency and early integration;
- · Support Supplier Quality Management
- · New supplier on-boarding & phasing out.
- · Overall management / maintenance of supplier database, commodity price trends, market knowledge, technical updates and KPIs at a BU level
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B.E / B.Tech in Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical); Post graduation in Engineering / Operations / Finance (Preferable)
- 12-17 years of progressive experience in SCM with large multinational Engineering / 6-8 years as an expert in the Project Procurement Management domain (Must)
- 1-2 years of experience in People management (Must)
- Should have a good understanding of direct supply market structure, demand supply dynamics, and supplier economics. (Must)
- Domain hands on experience for 4 to 5 yrs in Electrical equipment project management, engineering or manufacturing is highly desired
- Should have a good understanding of Project Procurement Management of Substation / FACTs / HVDC Business. (Must)
- Experience of having set up structure, systems and processes in Procurement areas (Preferable)
- External orientation with extensive contacts in the supply industry, particularly in India (Preferable)
- Analytical Skills & Problem-solving skills
- Decision making ability and ability to convince
- Communication ability
- Presentation Skills
- Think out of the box and bring new ideas for cost optimization
This role is based in Gurgaon . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time