With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our : System test engineer for Industrial process simulation software team help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us and What are my responsibilities?
We are looking for 4 to 6 years in Industrial process automation Simulation software (or Industrial automation like DCS / PLC) testing (or engineering DCS) experience BE / B Tech (Instrumentation / Electrical / Electronic Engineering)
As a product software testing engineer you will be responsible majorly for system test of the simulation software used with industrial automation products. Main responsibilities include test case design and test execution and arriving the decision to release the product. Task involves conducting both manual and automated test. You will be responsible to carry out both feature test and regression tests as per product release cycles.
Experience & Skill Set:
1. Primarily responsible for defining the test scenarios & performing tests to ensure the product quality.
2. Take the ownership of multiple modules/opportunities within the product.
3. Consults Product Managers and R&D Project Managers in the requirement definition concerning the testability of the requirement.
4. Contribution in test planning for the product.
5. The individual acquires knowledge of newer modules, products, domain independently.
6. He/she shall have the working knowledge of test management.
7. Understands the stated and underlying needs of the customer, beyond those expressed specifically
8. Analyzes requirements to define test cases, reviews test cases of other team members.
9. Performs requirements verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete and conforming to standards.
10. Participates in design reviews. Identifies potential technical problems or design flaws.
11. Participates in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
12. Listens to customers feedback informally, analyzes customer feedback and acts on it.
13. Interacts with internal stakeholders such as support representatives, developers, technical writers, project managers, and quality assurance personnel.
14. Plans, coordinates, and tracks activities in her / his area of technical responsibility.
15. ISTQB Foundation certificate is preferred
16. Preferred experience in testing of web application, knowledge on testing of web API with the help of tools like POSTMAN, SWAGGER UI and web application performance testing with tool JMeter.
17. Candidates with experience in cloud application testing will be an added advantage.
- Experience in lean/agile practices
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the agile teams
- Exposure in working with multi-site global teams
- Acts in accordance with regulations and rules
- Good communication skills
- Self-reliant and Team player
- Analytic thinker and innovative
- Quick learner
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time