Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking a highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Senior Software Development Engineer to join our IES division in Cairo, Egypt.
Siemen’s IES division develops CAPITAL, a software suite used globally by automotive and aerospace manufacturers and wire harness suppliers to enhance their electrical distribution system (EDS) design and manufacturing flows.
CAPITAL has a large codebase and development environment primarily based on the Java platform. Development teams work in global development centres, follow Scrum methodologies and utilise Agile best practices backed by high levels of test automation.Main Responsibilities
- Designing, developing and maintaining a complex engineering application.
- Focusing on the analysis and simulation of designs and platform level solutions for the wiring harness industry which feature unique algorithmic and data management challenges.
- Take part in SCRUM ceremonies (and Kanban workflows where appropriate).
- Support and mentor junior developers within the team (code, design, architectural review & guidance).
- Develop functionality within a large Java based tool suite (making hands-on contribution to the code and design).
- Take technical ownership of functional areas within the code ensuring a high level of quality, design best practice and maintainability.
- Follows optimal SDLC and promote best practices (SOLID, DRY, TDD, BDD, retrospective etc.).
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand customer flows, manage the backlog and elaborate technical requirements & document solutions.
- Work with the customer support team to investigate and manage customer issues & activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any related technical field.
- Experience of working in a Scrum team, preferably as a Senior Developer.
- Experience in designing and developing complex applications.
- Experience in working closely with Product Owners and technical architects to elaborate technical requirements and ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Possess a thorough understanding of data structures, algorithms and Object Oriented Design principles and their application to problem solving, with a background in Java development.
- Hands on experience in automated testing to support the code you have written.
- Excellent Communication Skills with good capability for Continuous Learning.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time