Become the driving force of digital transformation!
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. Joining our Digital Enterprise Services team means you’ll have the opportunity to impact the complete value chain from classic product related services (support services, learning services, field service, maintenance, and upgrades) to innovative data-based services (cyber security, analytical services, and cloud technology) which let customers leverage opportunities in the digitalization era. The overall goal of Digital Enterprise Services is to support customers in increasing plant availability, production quality, and enhance productivity.
Success as a Technical Support professional, depends on:
Cognitive Flexibility – Support customers across traditional learning, support, service, and data analysis functions. You will have to remain agile and shift across these roles as customer demands and team resources change.
Customer Focus – Deliver product and systems support including installation, commissioning, maintenance, and evaluation of customer equipment and systems. Provide customized service during scheduled and emergency situations remotely or onsite and provide 2nd and 3rd level user support. Your customer focus allows you to learn about customers’ needs and uncover new business opportunities and service offerings for Siemens.
Problem Solving – Use your Critical thinking and detailed systems analysis / evaluation techniques to assess trace and diagnostic information, recommend solutions or next steps, and guide customers, field service personnel or other specialists to solve issues. Initiate improvements by escalating towards the next higher level (e.g., Development or Subject Matter Expert’s) if required. May analyze and enrich data by deploying various kinds of data analytic methods while diagnosing, clarifying, and resolving technical problems.
Active Learner – Learning & development is foundational as you seek to improve your own knowledge and skill set, while also utilizing proven learning strategies to enrich the team and customers you interact with.
Systems Thinking – You can evaluate and understand the individual parts of a complex industrial solution, and how these components work together to form an effective system.
Communication – You can effectively communicate detailed technical information and instructions to customers via telephone, email or presentations.
The Technical Support Engineer provides technical product support
to both internal and external customers remotely via telephone, email and
remote service technologies (when applicable). The Technical Support
Engineer will disseminate product knowledge and provide troubleshooting
assistance to customers primarily on the Siemens PCS 7 product line. By
being responsive, knowledgeable and taking ownership of inquiries, the
Technical Support Engineer helps drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The Technical Support Engineer is a member of the Customer Service, Service Delivery organization, reporting to the Technical Support Manager.
The preferred location for this position is in Harleysville, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area)
- Provides remote technical support (telephone, email, etc.) to resolve moderately complex issues related to the application of Siemens Process Automation products.
- Listens to customer concerns and issues, uses appropriate troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques to isolate the root cause of the problems, and recommends / implements appropriate solutions to resolve the problem.
- Identifies and resolves clearly defined inquiries. Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
- Maintains awareness of customer situations and strives to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Understands the customer’s urgency for a resolution to properly assign priorities to the existing cases in our queue.
- Thoroughly documents customer questions and potential solutions using a case management system.
- Maintains awareness of and follows departmental procedures.
- Works closely with other members of our various technical communities and conveys technical knowledge gained via the generation of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Tips & Tricks, Application notes, etc.
- Works closely with Sales, Technical Support, Engineering, and various internal groups to manage escalated customer inquiries.
- Identifies potential product enhancements and communicates to product management.
- Support may include occasional on-site support
- Position requires both scheduled and occasionally unplanned 24x7 rotational on call technical support.
- BS/BA in engineering or computer science with 5+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated application of the success skills listed above
- Must be a self-starter with ability to learn new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Good customer interfacing skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently towards resolution of multiple technical issues simultaneously
- Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), preferably in Siemens based systems (SIMATIC PCS 7)
- Knowledge of the Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences or Food & Beverage industries
- Knowledge of Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet
- Knowledge of SQL Databases
- Knowledge of electrical circuitry and IO signal processing
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems
- Knowledge of industrial networking, Windows Domains, virtual architectures
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.