Global Head of Environmental Health & Safety, Point of Care
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as the Global Head of Environmental Health & Safety, Point of Care. The EHS Head provides leadership for Environmental, Health & Safety, strategic direction and operational improvement as part of the Siemens Healthineers Point of Care (POC) global organization. This position partners with the POC Management Team and site Leadership Teams to design, implement and maintain of an effective environmental, health & safety program and works collaboratively with the Healthineers EHS function to lead strategy and achieve the four tenets of the Healthineers EHS Vision ? creating a Zero Harm work environment, top tier Environmental Performance, Environmentally preferred products and 100% Compliance.
The EHS Head is expected to drive cultural change with a high degree of employee engagement, proactively delivering continuous improvement using the Healthineers EHS Management System (EHS-MS) and the Healthineers Performance System (HPS).
- Development of POC EHS strategy as member of the SCM leadership team and EHS Officer for POC.
- Fully understand the POC business strategy in order to conceptualize, recommend and implement business processes that ensure alignment with the Healthineers EHS strategy.
- Lead a team of dedicated EHS professionals with responsibility for talent development and mentoring related to technical expertise and leadership capability of EHS staff across all POC sites.
- Develop new and innovative programs to motivate the workforce to participate and engage in EHS.
- Ensure enterprise EHS programs are implemented at POC sites, including but not limited to Business Continuity Management
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of the Healthineers EHS-MS in support of EHS compliance, continuous improvement and communications within POC.
- Ensure EHS cultural engagement efforts are implemented and aligned with the POC strategies across the sites.
- Provide leadership to the company wellness efforts in conjunction with the Human Resources organization and Site leadership.
- Collaborate with R&D, Marketing, Country Sales Organizations and the Healthineers Product Related Environmental Protection (PREP) team to implement Healthineers PREP programs that ensure POC products meet global EHS regulatory requirements (market access), improve environmental performance of products and provide transparency to the EHS attributes of POC’s products.
- Monitor and assess new developments in the EHS regulatory environment and industry best practices and integrate them into POC strategies.
- Provide visibility of safety, health management, and environmental performance to the POC Management Team to drive improvement of both leading and lagging measures of the EHS program.
Required Experience, Qualifications and Competencies:
- 15+ years progressive EHS experience with at least 5 in a management role.
- BS Degree in Safety, Environmental Engineering or equivalent scientific discipline.
- Masters degree (or higher) or professional certification (CIH, CSP, CHMM) preferred.
- Experience with medical diagnostics preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a global EHS organization in a matrixed organization.
- Experience with implementation of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems.
- Polished, credible presenter; strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner.
- Project management experience with projects that engage multiple functions and span global geographies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be the POC EHS face to the customer in representing the benefits of POC’s PREP efforts and addressing client specific requirements.
- Ability to travel 25%.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.