Siemens Mobility is pioneering the future of travel. Our purpose is reinventing, refining and revolutionising how people move throughout smarter urban environments and across a more sustainable world. From advanced engineering projects to pushing limits of data and machine learning, we’re changing the global landscape.
You can move with us. Our dynamic career paths are designed for ambitious individuals to discover, develop and achieve more. We ask you to do your best to improve society with us, and in return we promise opportunities to progress in a company where the professionals are at the top of their game. Because the sharing culture, learning resources and scale of our projects will take you to an even higher level than you’re operating at now.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing
Siemens Mobility Rail Electrification are recruiting for a Project Accountant to join our established Alliance projects portfolio mainly working on our East Coast Power Upgrade Alliance contract. As an Accountant for Siemens Rail Electrification, you will be responsible for the delivery of effective project accounting and commercial support to the project team.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent. With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
These are your responsibilities
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, including the baseline value and budget, CBS and baseline Project delivery Report (PDR) and full set up in the SAP system.
- Review and analyse project actual and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets.
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk, and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both WPM and PM before finalising
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, including approvals for submitting contract variations and including unagreed variations in forecast final value.
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow on behalf of the PM. Working with other parts of the project team as necessary e.g. Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required.
- Ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, understood and approved, where necessary.
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required on variance analysis. Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, raising issues or concerns where necessary.
- Review and amend, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials and major subcontractors.
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position.
- Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary.
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates, and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to improve the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary.
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval, and payment of project milestones in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of the project and CBS within the SAP Project Ledger.
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long-term contract accounting policy.
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Part qualified accountant with recent accountancy work experience
- Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
- Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both finance staff and other project functions
- Strong organisational / planning skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Relevant contract/project accounting experience
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time