We are passionate about innovations that mean real progress, and we are curious about technologies that still need to be developed. Do you want to use curiosity, passion, and creativity to make the lives of millions of people easier and better? Join us – whichever path you take, we’re looking forward to seeing your point of view!
The Application Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps drive Siemens EDA analog/mixed-signal circuit simulation technologies into customers’ design and verification flows. It includes acquiring customer's technical requirements, conducting product demonstrations, running evaluations, and driving product adoption.We make real what matters! This is your role
- You'll execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and seek preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
- You'll illustrate the value, Siemens EDA brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of AMS family of software. You'll also develop & deliver software demonstrations and technical presentations along with performing benchmark evaluations for customer.
- You'll provide both, on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of our AMS products as well as pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- You'll be working closely with area sales management, account teams, technical teams and customers to understand business opportunities and establish value for our products.
- You'll drive business for the organization, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
- You'll establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
- Work with marketing and product managers to build & define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
- You’re a BE/B.Tech in Electronics & Communications Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering with 8-10 years of proven experience with IC schematic and layout tools, such as Pyxis® or Virtuoso®
- Your broad understanding of Analog Design methodologies and flows including the different types of analysis solutions for analog design including Spice, Fast-Spice, Mixed Signal – Mixed-Mode analyses and flows will be desirable
- You've consistent track record to map simulator capabilities to application-specific requirements and outstanding customer relationships
- You've good hands on experience with analog simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Eldo & AFS and tools such as Questa ADMS™, AMS Designer®
- Your working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming will be an added benefit.
- You've outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills with an exposure to sales and applications environment.
This role will be based in Bangalore but you’ll have to travel to drive business engagements and work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
The pace of innovation in electronics is constantly accelerating. To enable our customers to deliver life-changing innovations to the world faster and to become market leaders, we are committed to delivering the world’s most comprehensive portfolio of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software, hardware, and services. We, at Siemens EDA enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more efficiently. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly sophisticated worlds of board and chip design.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Sales and Services) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time