Head of Manufacturing
Siemens Healthineers has a great opportunity for an individual with experience in operations management and manufacturing improvement techniques. We are looking for a Head of Manufacturing in Oxford, and the full-time role comes with an attractive salary and benefits.
Leading a team of 300 Operators & Technicians you will ensure we meet our customer requirements on time and in full. Supporting the Head of Department to define the strategic vision and working closely with the Manufacturing Managers you will be challenged and motivated to manage labour resources, budgets & nonconformance costs whilst driving lean improvements and productivity. Alongside the day-to-day activities, you will be responsible for shaping the future of resource management in preparation for our new facility opening in 2024.
As Head of Manufacturing, you will be involved in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnets for MRI scanners, making a significant contribution to the future of healthcare.
If you were already in this Head of Manufacturing role, here are some of the areas you would have been working in this week:
● Supporting the Senior Management Team in developing vital plans, identifying business opportunities and innovative strategies
● Managing budgets to support the delivery of key KPIs (revenue, profit, cost of quality)
● Helping evolve the manufacturing facility in line with long term strategy and new product requirements
● Ensuring training programmes are in place to enable current and future production demands
● Driving a Lean culture, incorporating continuous improvement to deliver improvements ensuring Magnet Technology remains a world class manufacturing facility. To lead initiatives to introduce manufacturing best practice and to ensure the application of such practices
To succeed in this Head of Manufacturing job, you will need a relevant degree and 5+ years of experience in an Operations Management position.
The additional attributes you need include:
● Process and product knowledge across all manufacturing departments
● Experience in manufacturing improvement
● Techniques and tools expertise (e.g. Lean, SPC, 8D, VSM)
To apply for this Head of Manufacturing opportunity in Oxford, please contact us today.
Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers worldwide to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving patient experience and digitalising healthcare. We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows diverse ideas and inclusive approaches to thrive every day.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time