This role will be responsible for the leadership of Supplier Quality: defining, planning, initiation and control of supplier-related quality assurance and management activities.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Self-motivated individual who will take the initiative to complete tasks.
• Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and present complex data in a coherent manner.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks.
• High-energy, results-oriented, self-motivated, self-reliant, team player.
• The main responsibility is to lead supply base to required level of performance.
• Reduce supplier quality nonconformance costs by developing supplier targets and driving process improvement, tool modification, CAPA Verification, and supplier product & process audits.
• Participate in supplier selection with procurement and provide input on make/buy decisions by providing supplier capability analysis.
• Analyze supplier performance data including cost of quality.
• Create and manage supplier development and/or improvement plans for underperforming suppliers using quality tools, Kaizen events, and relationship management.
• Provide input to identify preferred suppliers.
• Lead technical design reviews with suppliers (APQP); Provide overview of overall requirements, expectations, criticality of product, service, and PPAP requirements.
• Qualify supplier processes: process validation, first article, measurement system analysis, PFMEA's, Control Plan, Gage R&R, Capability studies, metrology and process monitoring during the PPAP.
• Develop periodic reports on supplier performance (scorecards). Establish and maintain periodic reviews with suppliers on their performance, Supplier Maintenance, and Improvement plan.
• Establish AssurX CATSWeb usage for all suppliers and maintain licensing. Support plants and suppliers with training.
• Collaboratively interact with manufacturing plant quality and engineering teams to collect, analyze, and summarize supplier thought AssurX CATSWeb; Report all required monthly metrics and make recommendations.
• Work with suppliers to resolve or improve quality issues and to implement effective corrective action. Ensure on time processing of non-conforming components.
• Lead problem solving for corrective actions (8D, RRCA). Must have excellent problem-solving abilities using systemic, logical, and sequential approaches and provide senior technical oversight for issue/problem resolution activities, root cause analysis and preventive/corrective action implementation.
• Monitor and report the supplier nonconformance costs and help drive recovery.
• Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate reliability, precision, and accuracy of supplier processes, products and production equipment for new projects.
• Ensure effective change control and proactively communicate with suppliers regarding any changes in design or changes in process that could affect product.
• Initiate SIP program to enhance supplier performance and eliminate non-value-add incoming inspection.
• Prepare reports to evaluate effectiveness of supplier quality systems. Participate in supplier Audit program (VDA Audits, Product & Process audits, CAPA Verification audits).
• In partnership with Procurement, manage supplier categorization and general quality agreements (GQA)
• Interact with manufacturing plants and engineering teams to optimize documentation related to supplier quality and inspection checks.
What you need:
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
2. Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Supplier Quality role in the electro-mechanical industry with plastic injection and metal stamping commodities.
3. Effective technical writing skills, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
4. Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to engage various levels of stakeholders and team members in remote locations.
5. Advanced knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is required.
6. Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
7. Knowledge of general statistics is required.
8. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
9. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
What would set you ahead of the pack:
1. SAP proficiency.
2. Certified Quality Auditor is required; Certified Quality Engineer CQE or equivalent.
3. Process Excellence Certification, such as Six Sigma Black Belt.
• 40% Travel – both domestically and internationally.
• International travel experience and the capability to operate in foreign cultures required.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.