Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical capability and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Siemens Mobility offers intelligent and efficient mobility solutions for urban, interurban, and freight transportation. We're looking to empower people who want to seek the challenges facing society and make real what matters most.Our Culture:
We foster an ownership culture where every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and group achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Our Mobility Rail Infrastructure organization seeks to hire an organized Test Engineer to support critical projects and business development needs supporting the Automated Rail Business segment. You will be a quality leader and superb communicator in a program geared towards developing software products that increase optimization in railroad network planning.
This role will be globally visible and critical to the successful completion of project deliveries. Here, you will collaborate with executive management internally and with current and future customers. The ability to lead and influence project teams are a must to be successful in this role. You will work with the acting North American Business Head for Planning Solutions.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizing the testing process
- Planning, coordination, and control of the various test activities
- Development and definition of suitable test methods and test tools
- Technical management and mentorship of the testing team
- Documentation of the test activities and preparation of the results
- Definition and monitoring of quality goals
- Ensuring high-quality products are delivered to clients
- You have a university degree in computer science (or comparable) or gained otherwise equivalent professional experience in the field of test management;
- You ideally have validated experience in software testing and test management;
- It would be an advantage if you have an ISTQB certification or similar;
- ISTQB and CAST certificate
- Requirements analysis
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies (SDLC)
- Quality management
- Process improvement
- Technical understanding
- Documentation skills
- Technical Project Team leadership
- Handling crisis project situations
Why you'll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription, and vision coverage, the first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.